Target Stores

Just Got This and if it's true I'm. PO'd. Bigtime!!

Wasn't it last Christmas that Target refused to let the Salvation Army ring their bells in front of their stores?

Dick Forrey of the Vietnam Veterans Association wrote.

"Recently we asked the local TARGET store to be a proud

sponsor of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall during our

spring recognition event.

We received the following reply

from the local TARGET management:

" Veterans do not meet our

area of giving. We only donate to the arts, social action

groups, gay & lesbian causes, and education."

So I'm thinking, if the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and

veterans in general, do not meet their donation criteria,

then something is really wrong at this TARGET store. We were

not asking for thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, just

a small sponsorship for a memorial remembrance.

As a follow-up, I E-mailed the TARGET U.S. Corporate

Headquarters and their response was the same.

That's their

national policy.

Then I looked into the company further.

They will not allow

the Marines to collect for 'Toys for Tots' at any of their

stores. And during the recent Iraq deployment, they would

not allow families of employees who were called up for

active duty to continue their insurance coverage while

they were on military service. Then as I dig further,

TARGET

is a French-owned corporation.

Now, I'm thinking again. If TARGET cannot support American

Veterans, then why should my family and I support their

stores by spending our hard earned American dollars!

And,

have their profits sent to France.

Without the American

Vets, where would France be today?

"They, most likely would be speaking German and trading in Deutsch Marks"

Sincerely,

Dick Forrey

Veterans Helping Veterans

Please send this on to everyone you know

to let Target know

we don't need them either

Sgtleo :pdt33::pdt33::banghead:

It's not true and never was. This is standard email garbage. In other words nonsense and gossip. Unfortunately it's been proven that 95 percent of the email that people receive are bogus.

As I always do for a courtesy for all my friends, family members and computer clients, please refer to the links on my website for the truth concerning viruses and hoaxes:

http://www.chardconsulting.com/Updates.htm

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I'm not sure if the "French Connection" here is the real reason for the policies or if it's just good old fashioned corporate greed, but whatever the reasons the policy stinks. I do have in my collection of DVDS a documentary which shows American POWS being hit, kicked, and spat upon while being paraded through the streets of Paris.....and the blows are not coming from their German captors.... <_< Regardless of what the French may think about our current foreign policy now...back then there was no doubt who's freedom was at stake, and I have never been quite able to erase that image from my mind when the subject of France comes up.... :direct:

Jim :woof:

Uh Dogdaddy, what does this have to do with the hoax email regarding Target? As I stated this is not true and no one from Target ever did this. This is propaganda that is being used against an innocent company, and not fair to them.

These same tactics have been used against Pepsi, Coca-Cola, Bill Gates and the like. It's just pure and simple garbage.

:banghead::banghead::(

Marion J Chard

I wrote it before you posted that... also, quite often nothing I say has anything to do with the original subject....my mind wanders.

Jim

I hope you don't think I was jumping on you, but I guess I get a bit tired because it seems that many people believe almost anything that is printed on the internet. I don't know why.

To me is just the same as someone from your neighborhood coming up to you and saying, "Guess what? We heard that your next door neighbor is having an affair with Bill across the street!" Now be honest, would you automatically believe it? I should hope not. Not unless you knew and saw it for yourself and had UNDISPUTED proof.

But for some reason, any idiot can post whatever he wants on the Internet and before the end of the day, it's been distributed to 20,000 people, in the blink of an eye. No one questions it. No one checks it out. They simply hit the send key and keep it going. Now I ask, how unfair is that? I think it's a legitmate question to ask of everyone here.

Be honest. How often are you the reader (no matter who you are at the moment) done this? Be honest with yourself.

Now I don't care for a gosh-darned moment if you are talking corporate or on a personal level. Everyone deserves a fair trial and how dare all of us to become their jury and hang them without even stepping in a court and giving them a trial.

I am just trying to make everyone think. Please take a moment and let what I've said sink in. That's all I ask. Think how you would feel if that email was about you, or one of your loved ones or the business that you own. I know damned well how I would feel.

Being a BUSINESS owner, I go through it enough in the little town I live in. I can't even begin to tell you all the rumors around town, good and bad, that there have been. It never stops. It never will. :banghead::banghead:

It's a sad world we live in at times.... :(

Marion J Chard

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Marion:-

Like you I would not have ordinarily forwarded that email except this one came from a relative who is well aware of my thinking but she still hung me out to dry.

I promise I'll never post anything like that again and I can guarantee you she'll NEVER ASK ME AGAIN.

Mea Culpa

Sgtleo :wub::wub:

Sarge my dearest. We all get duped from time to time, however what makes people like you stand out amongst the rest is the fact that you admit that you got duped :lol: and you stand up like a man and say, oops! Now that takes integrity and shows your true character. I like that in a man. Hell I like that in a woman! :lol:

I think that when people send these emails on, they are hoping that it IS true. I find that some people love to find fault in others and to make an exihibit of them. It's like those who only love to hear bad news. I guess in some morbid way it makes them feel good. They kind of "get-off" on it, if you know what I mean?!

Anyway, all is well with life! ;)

Marion J Chard

Marion:-

Thank You

As a kid and all through his life my father demanded we learn to say these three things:-

I'm Sorry

I'm/I was wrong

I don't know

And I ain't changing now

Sgtleo

And I ain't changing now

Love ya big guy! :wub:

Marion J Chard