I Need a Photo

Onaway,

have have the gear, are you just neededing the clothing or doyou want someone with the full gear on (haversack etc?)

Full gear if it's not too much trouble. Just like slogging along the road somewhere on the way to Germany.

By the way, thanks everybody for the great photos and links. SOme very interesting stuff there. The large color photo of the 85th Eng. chap is especially nice.

Onaway,

It will be a few days to get everything together. Everything is in storage at the moment since we moved. Full gear it will be.

:pdt34:

mec1945, I really appreciate it. You are being a great help. Keep me posted. I will check my profile and see if my e-mail is there, that way you can e-mail me with updates.

j3rdinf, I will take a few of the bandoleers. I have an M1 and it would be a great way of storing my ammo on the clips, and be easier to handle at the range. Let me know what you need from my end.

Milsurp: How many do you want? How is your enblock clip supply for the M-1? Need some clips? Just send your address. No charge. Joe (j3rdinf)

j3rdinf, I sent you an e-mail. I forgot to put in the e-mail for you to let me know how much shipping is. Let me know and I will shoot you a money order, or whatever you want.

Thanks again.

Joe,

I would love a handful of those bandoleers. I need to get as much Garand gear as I can before it gets too hard to find.

Thanks,

Kyle

Prnell-H : Send me the address you want them sent to. Looks like I will have to call in some debts and get more of them shortly, but right now I can supply those so far..

But I am pretty sure I can get them with no problem. Joe

j3rdinf,

How about five bandoleers and the clips to fill them? When I go to the range I usually take two rifles,, so I don't shoot a whole lot at once.

Thanks again, my friend.

I sent my address via pm on this forum. Did it go through?

Milsurp: Hopefully posting what uniforms looked like in Mar. '45 in Germany. Quite dirty

etc though.. This photo was taken a few days (I think) after the Rhine River crossing.

We just finished taking a small village and waiting to go on but taking a break so no combat packs or extra gear. Just weapons.. I am on the left, Johnny our radio man

for the walky talky with his Carbine and Sgt. Ed Garrow. In this time of year, usually a

field jacket was worn depending on weather. Cartridge belt with spare ammo also, two

frag grenades, canteen with cup, first aid package on belt, bayonet either on belt or on

combat pack which contained a shelter half, rain coat, entrenching tool, at least a days

rations (either C or K plus a D bar ) some dry socks, personal hygiene gear and personal things and cigarettes. Combat pack usually was less than 25 lbs. Also ones

alminum mess gear. In colder weather a "pile liner) was worn beneath the field jacket

and possibly a sweater. Also the "jeep hat" under the helmet plus G.I. gloves. The gas mask carrier (without gas mask usually) made another nice carrying place for many things. By this time the "rubber bottom shoe packs" were turned in as they were good, but not for long walkings use. No extra clothes were carried as clean clothes and showers came up at "intervals" when possible and yours were tossed in a heap and ones that had been laundred were given.. At this time hot meals and real coffee and bread

were provided for a change.

post-46-1161892469_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   guys1.jpg (Size: 27.03 KB / Downloads: 0)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photo editing... Moose's new toy ricklind 11 11,663 07-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  photo from a film - Frank DeJesus Walt's Daughter 0 3,080 02-11-2009, 12:30 PM
  Easy Company Potrait Photo's 2 ricklind 1 3,293 07-08-2007, 10:45 AM
  Easy Company Portrait Photo's ricklind 6 6,596 05-19-2007, 07:06 PM
  Photo taken ANDRE'S SON 5 6,702 10-30-2006, 09:41 PM
Last Post: mec1945
  Renactment photo Walt's Daughter 5 137,555 03-21-2005, 12:06 AM