Is NARA in St. Louis brain dead

Just a follow up. Yes, I won with another phone call to NARA after talking ot her supervisor. I had to many damn facts . His TOTAL service time on his WW 2 discharged (for both wars) showed 8 months 9 months and 18 days which is exactly what his total time on both times of service. His place of birth was the same on both. His enlistment place for both periods of service was the same. His height was almost identical (short). His WW 1 discharge does not show birth daye (so he lied about his age I guess). Yes, his WW 1 shows his name as Ernest G. Fournier and his name shows on his WW 2 discharge as George E. Fournier. (dont know why). On the initial phone call from NARE I was told that he should have kept his OLD ser. # 151305 even though being drafted in WW 2, however in checking up on Serial Nos. on the web I found this incorrect according to AR 616-30 dated 12 Feb 1942 which shows the new serial number he was given was proper. ( 32 391 608 ) . Damn, do they just hate to be wrong but when you give them the AR showing them wrong it worries them badly. It appears I won as a Mr. Burns, a supervisor who I talked to today at NARA, all was proper and he would O.K. the sending of medals for both wars.. I hope this is the end of it as I am too damn old for this B.S.. So believe me, NARA can be fought and beaten with a lot of work. Seems like they just hate facts and figures. Luckily, my Dad had his discharges from both wars recorded at the County Recorders office here localy. (same as mine and my borther did at Dads recomendation). I guess my next problem will be in getting my older brothers medals from WW 2 as he is also a George E. Fournier. So, maybe here we go again. Thank God for ser. numbers. So guys, dont just take a "no" for a answer from NARA, " lock and load" with facts and fight back.

Messages In This Thread
Is NARA in St. Louis brain dead - by j3rdinf - 10-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Is NARA in St. Louis brain dead - by j3rdinf - 10-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Is NARA in St. Louis brain dead - by Dogdaddy - 10-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Is NARA in St. Louis brain dead - by j3rdinf - 10-05-2006, 01:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NPRC Fire - NARA Fire in St Louis - 1973 Walt's Daughter 2 5,622 01-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  NARA IS NOT destroying records Walt's Daughter 2 4,617 04-19-2011, 03:21 PM
  ARC - Archival Research Catalog - NARA Walt's Daughter 0 3,299 02-09-2011, 08:49 PM