Fly the flag on 9-11

Received this from a friend. Thought it would be a very nice thing to do. So please fly your flag on 9-11. I know we will!

THE PROGRAM IS THIS:

On Monday, September 11th, 2006, an American flag should be displayed outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States.

Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on this fifth anniversary of our country's worst tragedy. We do this in honor of those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.

In the days, weeks and months following 9/11, our country was bathed in American flags as citizens mourned the incredible losses and stood shoulder-to-shoulder against terrorism. Sadly, those flags have all but disappeared. Our patriotism pulled us through some tough times and it shouldn't take another attack to galvanize us in solidarity. Our American flag is the fabric of our country and together we can prevail over terrorism of all kinds.

Fly an American flag of any size on 9/11. Honestly, Americans should fly the flag year-round, but if you don't, then at least make it a priority on this day.

Thank you for your participation. God Bless You and God Bless America.

:usa:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

OOPS

Actually I don't mean to be disrespectful, but not one single person who posted here said anything at all about not being patriotic. I have read every post word for word. The only problem was that some of us chose to show our patriotism in different ways.

Yes a few people got defensive because they didn't feel they had to POST THAT THEY WERE PATRIOTIC. They didn't need to prove it. That was the only point of contention. No one said anything about not wanting to fly their flag or singing the national anthem or anything of that sort. The problem occured because the assumption was made that because only four or so people replied, that everyone else didn't care or weren't patriotic. That was the bone and it was unfair to many on this forum.

I hesitated to write anything this evening, but I have to show both sides of the story. Some people carry their patriotism in their hearts. They may fly the flag at their homes, but they don't feel that it is necessary to write it down in words.

I know for a fact that many of our members do more reading than posting. But that certainly doesn't mean that they don't care, or that a topic isn't near or dear to their heart. Some aren't verbal. Some are. Some feel comfortable and some don't. I certainly cannot judge them for that or make assumptions. That is a very dangerous thing to do with any subject matter.

Sometimes, many times I post something and no one says anything. I don't always expect them to. But I know that people are reading things and that is what's important. I can look at any topic on this forum and see that things are being viewed. I can pull up a topic and see that it has been read 95 times since I posted it. Should I make the assumption that no one cared, or that they did or didn't agree with me? No. I can't do that.

My apologies to you and anyone else for my diatribe, but sometimes I feel that I must say something for the benefit of all my readers. Please note that these words were not said in anger, but merely to convey an important lesson in life; listening with an open heart and mind. :heartpump:-_-

Marion J Chard

Thank you Marion.... :heartpump:

Nancy

You're welcome sis! :heartpump:

Marion J Chard

Marion it's 4;10 pm, Tues. Just read your article. Sweets, you DON'T have to

apologize to no for what you say. We are all adults,(I think), If someone doesn't

agree, let that person say so. As far as the flag, I am the only one in my blcck

that has a flag pole and there is a street light in front of it so MY FLAG flies

24/7/365 except when it storms.

I also want to mention that I will be off the air from Thurs..9/7 to Mon. 9/10

My reunion,'member? luv ya Rocky r_______n.

Well I guess my above post doesn't make much sense, because the post I was referring to was removed. Just thought I would add that, because people will be wondering what the heck I was referring to. I haven't gone nuts, really!!!!

And Rocky, always nice hearing from you. Bet you can't wait to get there. I know how excited I am about going to the 36th Combat Engineer's one, and I can only imagine how excited you are about attending the 34th Inf Reunion one especially now that you are acting president this year. YEEHAAAAA!!! Have fun my dear. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. :lol::lol: Safe trip. We'll miss ya!

Marion J Chard

The feeling is mutual my dear. Yes I read where youare also going to a reunion.

I know you will have a grand time there. Now it's Tues. eve. and I am starting

to get a kinda queeeesy feeling. Biggest thing being that I had to take Elizabeth

to the E/R Sunday at 4 A.M. Was there for 4 hrs. found out she has pneumonia.

got her some anibiotics and cough syrup with codiene. So Iam hoping that she

gets well enuf for the trip, only 183 miles. So say a little prayer that she gets

better.

ONE MORE BIG BIG BIG FAVOR I WOULD LIKE TO ASK. I was reading the

book,Dogfaces Who smiled------, and I was reading about Cassino.. My favor is

would it be possible ifyou could write 5 paragraphs from page 435 starting with

the 2nd paragraph. to next to the last one. The reason for this is I want people

to know there were other places besidesNormandy,Bastogne, battle of the bulge,etc,etc. And also about the 109th COMBAT ENGINEERS!!!!. I have heard

some say,MAN we went through some bad sh--. But they don't say that the Combat Engineers went first to clear mines and build bridges so WE could be

safe from mines and walk over the water not in it!!! They should have the C.I.B.

made big enuf to cover their chests. Now this is what I said. anyone disagree??

Roque of the 34th

Rocky, consider it done tonight. You know I would do anything for ya. My love and hugs to Elizabeth. She will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight. I've only talked to her once on the phone, but I love her too. Please give her a big kiss for me and think positive. She will be fine and give you a twirl on the dance floor. B):D

I will print the pages in the appropriate section on the forum. I'll let you know when it's ready.

:wub:

Marion J Chard

Marion, I'll get it posted here and you can move it when you can, how about that?

Throughout the years and perhaps for centuries, the story of the 34th "red Bull" division's battle to extract the Germans from the villages and mountains, will be told as oneof individual and collective heroism. No army of men has ever demonstrated more sacrifice, persistence, and courage in an effort to attain victory. Wheb officers fell, the privates took over. The lived up to the motto Capt "Wash" Carter and Capt. Roy Stephenson had suggested, Attack - Attack - Attack!

British historians have frequently seemed to have a fetish for downgrading American military actio, while enhancing their own. however, Dominick Graham, who wrote the book "Cassino", had this to say about the Red Bull Division. Quote"

"Considering the conditions and the unsuitability of some of their equipment, the performance of the US 34thInfantry Division, a National Guard outfit, in coming within an ace of cracking the mountain defenses of Cassino, is almost beyond praise" Unquote

Graham goes on toe quote Fred Majdalany, a British Indian Division Company Commander. Quote"

"Ther performance of the 34th Division at Cassino must rank with the finest feats of arms carried out by any soldier during the War. When at last relieved by the 4th Indian Division, fifty of those few who had held on to the last were too numbed with cold exhaustion to move. They could still man their positions, but they could not move out of them unaided. They were carried out on stretchers." Unquote.

Dear God, how those Red Bull men had fought against overwhelming German odds in manpower, field fortifications and horrendous weaponry. Each time they had been called upon to attack they did so with determination and ferocity. Their exemplary performance in combat will serve forever as a source of pride for American fighting forces.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medal of Honor recipient order to remove flag pole CaptO 5 6,424 12-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter