Introduction - Sgt Leo

Sgtleo Here:-

Started out in 79th ID. Made the mistake of talking to the locals in Normandy and then some of the POWS before the breakout of Normandy. Didn't know some Intel Officers were there specifically looking for interrogators/interpreters and just like that I went into an MP BN and the very next day to an Intel Company. Didn't even unpack my gear. Raised H**l with my #301 file.

I spoke,read and wrote French and German(much better back then) as I had studied French for 4 years--no English allowed last two years and German for three years with no English for 2 years. Should have kept it up but........?

Was transferred to Lucky Forward 3rd Army HQ for a while and when Operation Varsity came along I was sent TDY to the 17th AB(don't have to be a jumper to be in Glider Infantry Regt.)

After VE Day got reassigned to an MP outfit to do interpreting/interrogating in Austria and then one day some real bright Officer decided a Medium Automotive Maintenance Co. needed a 1st Sgt. so I got the job. Talk about a fish out of water!

Decided to take a transfer to the States rather than accept a Commission as I had already done 2+ years in the ETO and would have done at least 2 more there

No Way Jose!!

This is my life :banghead::banghead:

ThreeTiredMen19.jpg

Me at age 19 on right side of photo - this is what a few months combat makes you look like. Man on left was 19;man in middle was 20(an old guyLOL)

Sgtleo

I know we have already exchanged sentiments in other posts over the last few days, but let me be the first to formally say, welcome to this forum. I have enjoyed our exchanges immensely and thank you personally for taking the time to become part of our little family here at VI Corps.

I love your stories and will eagerly await each one. God bless you and keep you.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Sgtleo, I have also enjoyed your tales, thanks so much for sharing!!

Brooke

I too enjoy the stories and your wry sense of humor, Sir. :pdt34:

:woof: Dogdaddy

ps- It must be great not to have to use the subtitle feature on a foreign movie too! :lol:

Like the others I like your stories...especially your style. I try to log on each day and go first to what you guys that lived it have to say. You are the best and thanks.

Parker

Ahh.. I go looney over a man in uniform.

Handsome fellows, especially the one on the right!!

Hugs!!

Brooke

Sgtleo Here:-

Started out in 79th ID. Made the mistake of talking to the locals in Normandy and then some of the POWS before the breakout of Normandy. Didn't know some Intel Officers were there specifically looking for interrogators/interpreters and just like that I went into an MP BN and the very next day to an Intel Company. Didn't even unpack my gear. Raised H**l with my #301 file.

I spoke,read and wrote French and German(much better back then) as I had studied French for 4 years--no English allowed last two years and German for three years with no English for 2 years. Should have kept it up but........?

Was transferred to Lucky Forward 3rd Army HQ for a while and when Operation Varsity came along I was sent TDY to the 17th AB(don't have to be a jumper to be in Glider Infantry Regt.)

After VE Day got reassigned to an MP outfit to do interpreting/interrogating in Austria and then one day some real bright Officer decided a Medium Automotive Maintenance Co. needed a 1st Sgt. so I got the job. Talk about a fish out of water!

Decided to take a transfer to the States rather than accept a Commission as I had already done 2+ years in the ETO and would have done at least 2 more there

No Way Jose!!

This is my life :banghead::banghead:

ThreeTiredMen19.jpg

Me at age 19 on right side of photo - this is what a few months combat makes you look like. Man on left was 19;man in middle was 20(an old guyLOL)

Sgtleo

Sgt.Leo; Wisht I looked as good as you when I got out,(23), Looks like you had a pretty intresting tour there in France and Germany. Mine was pretty dull in No. Africa and Italy but I got to come home on rotation. Points built up in combat.

But no mattter what, we both did our job and did it well. 84 and 3 days old!!!!!! Hasta la vista!!! Roque of the 34th

Just curious guys, what/who got you all interested in getting online?

Brooke

Ok Sarge, you got me inspired and I know there are more than enough great stories for your very own page. I can see your name in lights! :lol:

I say let's go for it. Are you game? I think people on the main site would love to read all your posts on the war. There's some real zingers here, both humorous and humbling tellings. They deserve to be read enmass. :pdt34::pdt20:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Just curious guys, what/who got you all interested in getting online?

Brooke

THE MODERATOR, M/M,C. long live the QUEEN!!!!!!R

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction - 210th Military Police Company WWII Krogh Feuerborn 1 3,363 05-15-2019, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Late introduction CaptO 16 15,742 05-15-2018, 05:40 PM
  Introduction Hans Senden hsenden 6 6,165 03-11-2018, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Frank Gubbels
  Introduction belarus 2 5,026 02-16-2018, 09:20 AM
  Introduction Terri DuLong 1 3,182 02-15-2013, 08:33 AM
  Introduction Jim Webb 3 4,337 01-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Last Post: 24th Arm'd Engr. Bn.
  Introduction BarbJ 8 13,420 05-18-2012, 11:54 PM