New.. Dad was in ACE in Burma/India

Hi Kathy:

Another inspiring story. Isn't it amazing what we find out about our fathers. Yes, it does make us feel so very proud.

I hope I (we) can help you out. Do you have anything that might help us identify his unit? You see, there were numerous engineer units everywhere including the CBI Theatre. There's some chance that someone, somewhere may recognize the name, but we might have a much better chance with an insignia, a letterhead from the war, an envelope etc.

If you don't have anything to go on, here's one that not many people think about, but it's proven to be a winner for many. Try his hometown newspapers. Most hometown newspapers ran little ditties about their boys. I've seen short articles(think of something like a wedding or engagement announcement) that show a photo, what unit they were in and what theatre they are involved in. Most newspapers have archives, so it's ALWAYS worth a shot. Also try the local library where he lived. Those are just two possible leads for ya.

Looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks for posting. It's nice to have you here.

:wub:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
New.. Dad was in ACE in Burma/India - by Walt's Daughter - 08-15-2006, 09:56 PM