Back on line

I would like to say I made it back. I had fluid on my Rt. lung which they placed a drain tube. after 25 days it was almost dry. They removed the drain and sent me home. THe incision is still draining 12 days later. When the drainage stops the incision is supposed to heal.

Rehab went better, I am walking on my own. Around the house.Hope I am one of the lucky ones. Paul Hinkle

Paul,

Hope the healing goes well. I just found out my brother is in the hospital for the very same thing. He also has a tube in his chest to drain the fluid. He has been there for a week now and not sure how much longer.

Even though I dont personally know you I do wish you the best while you are recovering.

Kyle Thomas

My best wishes and prayers are with you Paul. I don't really "know" anybody here either, but the closeness of this group makes me feel like you are all Family to me.

Kind regards,

Jim :woof:

Welcome home Paul, I'm glad to see you back.

I wish you all the best. :pal:

Hugs,

Brooke

Dear Paul:

You had me worried sick. I tried emailing a few times and it bounced back. I thought, oh no! :unsure: I tried asking around to see if anyone else had heard from you. Boy do I feel better this morning.

I thank God you are all right and recuperating at home. I will pray for your speedy recovery. Doesn't sound like fun at all.

Happy to have you back buddy. I missed you!!!!! :heartpump::pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Forum friends: Thank you all for your kind words. Paul HInkle

:rolleyes: No Place Like Home, Paul. AL

Paul,

When I first glanced at "BACK ON LINE" I thought it read "BACK ON THE LINE". My first thought was how cool. That would be like getting back to your buddies after a visit to the aid station or something.

At any rate I am glad your back.

Parker

Paul: Welcome back and hope all goes well. Joe

Very sad news... :(

Gilles and I have been trying to get in touch with Paul and were getting quite concerned. Seems no one could contact him. I was going to send a letter to his house this week, but in the interim Gilles found out the following information. I am posting the reply from the 36th Infantry Division's forum.

So my dear friends, he passed away 10 days after posting his last entry here on our forum. I am very sad. :unsure::( I had know Paul for almost two years and we emailed each other all the time. I shall miss you greatly dear buddy. Thanks for not only sharing your history with all of us, but for being a good friend.

If any of you havent' had the chance to read his page, please take the time to do so now. It's worth it.

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/PaulHinkle.htm

Bob K

Unregistered User

(11/2/06 2:12 pm)

Reply Paul Hinkle,Honorary Texan

------------------------------------------------------

I spoke with Mrs. Hinkle today, Paul passed away on

August 25th.

Paul was very devoted to this site, he shared his WW2

experiences and helped many people looking for info on

the division.

Here are 2 of the sites with Paul's WW2 experiences,