My articles & book(s)

Where do I sign up for my autographed copy? It will be really special to own a copy of your first book Marion! :pdt34:

Dogdaddy Jim :woof:

Brooke:

Received your package this morning. Have already signed your copy of my magazine article and will be placing it back in the mail today. It was a real thrill for me to do so and I am very honored that you asked. -_-

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Well today is the day. Received a big package from Fort Leonard Wood and in it were copies of my magazine from Army Engineer Magazine. It turned out just spectacular. I am very pleased. When I get a chance later today, I will scan the cover (it's dedicated to the 540th) and the article and place it on the site for all to read.

I am planning on giving copies to the vets of the 540th for Christmas gifts. I hope this touches their hearts. :wub::wub:

Thanks to Michael, the editor extraordinaire, for an outstanding job. I can't thank you enough! :pdt34::pdt34:

Marion J Chard

[

I am planning on giving copies to the vets of the 540th for Christmas gifts. I hope this touches their hearts. :wub::wub:

I am certain they will appreciate it even more... having come from one of their own, by way of Walt....Good Job Marion! :pdt34:

Dogdaddy :woof: Jim

Here's the article in two parts. Thought it would be easier to download/open this way. I scanned it at high res (sorry), so it will take a while to download and open. Please be patient.

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/doc...eerArticle1.pdf

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/doc...eerArticle2.pdf

Marion J Chard

I gotta share this with you guys. I still can't believe it. Well actually I can. :banghead:

As you know, I not only shared my first publication with you, many of my long time friends here in Michigan. Anyway, we attended a summer party shortly after it was released, and we brought a few copies with us.

So a few weeks later two dear friends came to visit us and were talking about the article. They said they really loved it and were very proud of me. Thanks I said. My girlfriend then said, I have to tell you this. She proceeded to tell me that one of our mutual friends said to her, "Do you really think SHE wrote that?" I guess my friend looked at him in disbelief! :o WHAT? He then repeated, "Do you really think SHE WROTE THAT?" Of course she did, she replied exasperated, and berated him for even asking. :unsure:

She said she hesitated to tell me this, but I told her, I'm glad you did, for whoever said it isn't much of a friend and it doesn't say a whole hell of a lot about HIM, now does it? This kind of behavior in people just makes me shake my head. :(

Had to get that one off my chest. Who needs friends like that? :wacko::wacko:

Marion J Chard

I am certain they will appreciate it even more... having come from one of their own, by way of Walt....Good Job Marion! 

Dogdaddy  Jim

Thanks sweetie. I was very excited when I opened the package. Then my brother-in-law and his wife dropped by and requested a copy. They are going to read it tonight in front of the fireplace. Ah, how romantic. Reading war articles.... :lol::lol: Maybe a fine Merlot with that? :pdt12::pdt12:

Marion J Chard

WOW!!! That really turned out good. Congratulations on a great job Marion. :drinkin:

Chris

Thanks Chris. I thought it was just beautiful and once again must give a lot of the credit to Michael. We made a good team. :drinkin:

Can't wait till the guys get to see it. I hope to get their copies out to them within the next week.

A heads-up for you; I would like to write a similar article for the 36th. :pdt34:

The article also gave me great inspiration for the layout of my book. I want to make it very easy on the eye and full of visuals.

Marion J Chard

I wasnt able to read the sidebar on the pdf version.

So if I understand you right ,the layout would be similar to a coffee table book with alot of pics? Or do you have something else in mind?

chris