Wow! A thank you that made my day!

I happened to run across this on my friend's website today. I had no idea it was there. It really made my day!

http://www.dogfacesoldiers.org/info/thanks.htm

It's amazing how something like this can touch your heart! :heartpump::heartpump:

Thank you my friend!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Lee Archer(www.panzerwrecks.com): information (German equipment)

Albert S. Brown: information and allowing his memoir to appear on this site

Marion Chard: inspiration Russ Cloer: information (memoir)

Jeff Danby: information (American tanks)

Well done Marion ,

You really deserve that !

Lenn

Thanks Lenn. I know that people can be remembered for many things, but to me being an inspiration is really #1. I am TRULY honored by this recognition.

Funny, I was talking to a friend the other day. She's a really nice lady, but one I feel doesn't really have her priorities in order. She tends to worry and sweat the small stuff and after several decades of mine, I've found that not having dirty dishes in the sink, or not picking up a pile of newspapers for one day, is definitely not first on my list. If given the choice to talk to a vet or vacuum my floor, well I'm gonna talk to my vet. If given the choice to work in my garden or dust my house, well, I'm gonna work in my garden. Not that I don't like a neat and pretty house, but let's face it, what do I want my epitath to be?

Marion J Chard, loving daughter, wife, mother and grandmother and a hell of a housekeeper

or

Marion J Chard, loving daughter, wife, mother and grandmother, historian and inspiration to many

Goes without saying and I told her so. What do YOU want to be remembered for? It's food for thought! -o-

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Wedding Gown That Made History Walt's Daughter 0 1,945 09-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter