Daniel F. Gallagher - 540th CE

Dear Joseph:

I was so delighted to get your email last night. I have been contacted by several people in the last few weeks and it seems that more and more of the 540th are coming to the surface.

I appreciate your shock regarding the price of Overseas with the 540th book. I am STILL trying to locate a copy for my collection but many are now going for over $300.00 and I DO NOT have those kind of funds. Yikes! One of my historian friends allowed me to copy his book, so I at least have that for now. I still haven't given up on finding one...

Are you talking about the page that is entitled Danger Minefield? It sure is wonderful to be able to place a name with a face.

I will be more than happy to add your name to the Newsletter. I try and write something approximately 4 times a year to keep everyone up to speed. If you haven't seen the past copies, you can find them on the Home Page.

I eagerly await your photos, etc. Why don't we create a page for your grandfather on the site? I'd be delighted to have yet another proud 540th'er on my website.

I will add your letter to my on the forum, so others may see it in the interim. Someone may very well recognize his name. It's happened before.

I admire your perseverance and thank you for taking such an interest in him and the 540th.

Warmest regards,

Marion J Chard

Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek

VI Corps, 540th Combat Engineer WWII

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com

Essayons!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Daniel F. Gallagher - 540th CE - by Walt's Daughter - 10-02-2005, 11:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daniel Bunn - Iceland and Normandy Walt's Daughter 5 9,461 02-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter