Sergeant Vincent Consiglio 291st CE

Marion,

I found this page http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/history.htm while doing a search for the 291st Combat Engineers, on Google.com. I realize that your web site has to do with different CBE's, but I am trying to find a way to contact someone, to get background on my Father and tell his story.

My father Sergeant Vincent Consiglio, Still very much alive and well, was in the 291st Combat Engineers Co. B. He was written about in a book called "The Dammed Engineers" by Janice Holt Giles (not sure of the name of Author, but positive of the book's name). He was in the book for being trapped in a house in Malmedy with 30 or so other men. After 13 or so hours of fierce fighting, Germans surrounding the house, he volunteered to go for help along with another guy from Buffalo. He ran through heavy fire back to the front lines to get help, and he did witness the half tracks picking some 15 or so men up out of that house, He also took part in the many other battles. He landed at Normandy beach fought at the Huertgen Forest, the bulge, etc... His company was the 291st CmbtEng, and the 1st to build and cross the Rhine River 1st (Picture to prove it). He witnessed the collapse of the Remagen Bridge and has pictures of the bridge before and after its fall. I am writing to you for several reasons.

1.) First and for most, If you know how I could contact any one who would know how to get a hold of the day by day movement and times, etc, that the 291st took from the time they left US to the time they departed from Europe. I would like to know things like, what time his company hit the Normandy beach, etc…

2.) I would like to see if there are any lists of those in the 291st that my know how to get a hold of this information.

3.) I would some how like the History Channel, or the WWII War Museum, to know of my Father heroics that day…

4.) Do you know of ANY other sites that have to do with the 291st? If you know of them please reply with as many links as possible.

PS: Lastly. As terrible as it may seem so say, I would like my fathers story told, documented somehow, before he passes away.

Sincerely,

Anthony Consiglio

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Sergeant Vincent Consiglio 291st CE - by Walt's Daughter - 09-29-2005, 10:15 PM
Sergeant Vincent Consiglio 291st CE - by Stevin - 10-01-2005, 06:00 AM
Sergeant Vincent Consiglio 291st CE - by Stevin - 10-03-2005, 04:25 AM
Sergeant Vincent Consiglio 291st CE - by Stevin - 10-10-2005, 05:17 AM
Sergeant Vincent Consiglio 291st CE - by juskitty - 11-21-2017, 07:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Searching info about Earl G. Ford, Staff Sergeant 147th CE Alain147 0 2,681 02-03-2022, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Alain147
  291st Engineer Combat Battalion Roster EngineerReenactor 9 20,091 02-01-2019, 02:42 PM
Last Post: mikel
  William S. Todd - 291st Engineer Walt's Daughter 3 9,841 10-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter