Biggest Brother by L Alexander

Marion: I really hate to get into this again. "where did they go?" We were "requested

to leave" early on May 6 "45 and we did and allow the "tourist troops" to have it.

Seems like this has been stubstantiated by both the C.G. of the 101 A.B. and Gen. Ike

in both their books. BOTH admit that it was captured by the 7 th Regt. Now, quote:

"As it stands in Rendevous with Destiny we were latecomers." Winters said. "But I assure you, members of the 2nd Battalion and the 506th have different memories and pictures to prove that we didn't do too badly in getting our share of the loot at Berchtesgaden during the last days of the war." VERY TRUE. We left on May 6 but also took some goodies like "drinkables" by the truckloads from the choice cellars.

Naturally the "tourist troops" that came a day after it was captured had the choice looting by being there after we left. Who raised the flag on May 5? The 3rd Div... Why? we captured it. Granted, it looked real "cute" in the TV movie to have the BOB

capture Berchestgaden, but it wasnt that way in real life and iI believe Dick Winters

really knows the truth. A lot of looting doesnt does not show me anything about capturing and clearing the town first.

Messages In This Thread
Biggest Brother by L Alexander - by j3rdinf - 09-16-2005, 08:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sister's journey to know brother through found WWII letters Walt's Daughter 2 3,754 10-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter