Just when you thought it was safe to come back here!

Hey Darlene, Good to hear from you! It's been a long time (5 and a half years or thereabouts?) Hope you are on the mend! Glad to have you back on the forum.

Incidentally, My last tour (that's a change - since you've been here, I left Okinawa in 2016 and spent 2.5 years in Quantico before retiring from the Marine Corps) was close to Fredericksburg so I was in the middle of a lot of Civil War history. I didn't see as much as I liked, but I did take a great tour of the Chancellorsville Battlefield. That was a great experience. I've got a lot of pictures, but I need to transfer them from Google photos to Irista since you can't openly share Google Photos links anymore. (I hate Google!)

Incidentally, living between Fredericksburg and DC I find one thing kind of surprising. It would seem that if you want to get to Fredericksburg or any point south of that, you have in 2019 the same problem Burnsides had 157 years ago - crossing the Rappahannock. With I-95 usually more of a parking lot than a thoroughfare and Route 1 (AKA Jefferson Davis Highway - 95's paralleling older brother) normally just as bad but with traffic lights, it would probably be faster to walk from DC and sneak across the U.S. Ford.

I post some links to my Civil War tourism when I get them uploaded somewhere more link-friendly than Google.

Glad to have you back!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Messages In This Thread
Just when you thought it was safe to come back here! - by civilwargal - 07-01-2019, 10:24 PM
Just when you thought it was safe to come back here! - by CaptO - 07-03-2019, 09:35 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MARNE's Back!!! :D moose 5 5,968 06-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Finally made it back Lise 1 3,096 02-20-2012, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Early member back again onefastcat 2 3,907 10-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Im Back majchuckie 3 4,931 08-27-2006, 03:35 AM
Last Post: Parnell-H