Larry, dear forum member "SonofMp" has passed away

I got a letter a few hours ago, mere seconds before I was heading out the door with my husband,. Just got back home and as much as I was dreading this, have horrible news to share with my forum members this evening.

It is with much regret that I inform you that Larry "SonofMP" passed away this week. Here is the message from his dear wife:

Marion,

I wanted to let you know that Larry passed away on January 7th. His heart failure had gotten worse over Christmas and New Year's. He slipped away at 2:58 in the morning. I remember our visit at home with such pleasure and Larry very much enjoyed working with you and conversing with everyone on your website. He still has the board he was given by the Pennsylvania group that made him an honorary member of their group.

He is sorely missed by myself and our sons. I hope you will let others know of his passing that knew him as well.

God Bless,

Sandi Duzal

A few weeks ago, he sent me a personal message, and asked me to call him, because he was not doing well. I can't tell you how I dreaded that phone call, and it took me three days to gain my composure, in order to do so.

I knew Larry had some heart problems over the past few years, but had no idea how bad it was until then. So it was a very difficult phone call, to say the least, but he remained composed and told me that is was not over and that he planned on being around. That made me smile, but I knew how sick he was. Larry, I said, you are such an integral part of this forum, what will we do without you. And it was no exaggeration.

So even though I knew what was going on, it was still a huge shock this evening to receive the notice.

I went to the bar and raised a toast to him. Larry, you certainly helped make this forum what is was and you will be sorely missed. I miss you already.

Jean - :I promised Larry I would not say anything to you or anyone else. I wanted him to be the one who had the power. But you know what he said to me? "Jean will be crushed when she hears the news", and I know he was so right, because he played such an instrumental role in parlaying all the news about your dad. He was thinking of you.

So, let's bow our head tonight and raise a toast to long time buddy, researcher-par excellence and just pain ol good friend.

I miss you.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Larry, dear forum member "SonofMp" has passed away - by Walt's Daughter - 01-21-2014, 09:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts and Prayers for John Fallon - his wife passed away Walt's Daughter 2 3,595 10-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Last Post: mgjohnson
  Patty Andrews, last surviving member of singing Andrews sisters, dead at 94 Wendy 2 4,068 02-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Major Dick Winters passed away Frank Gubbels 8 9,022 01-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  The passing of Larry Babine - 36th Combat Eng Walt's Daughter 6 6,630 01-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  36th Engineer - Walter Bucci - passed away Walt's Daughter 0 2,596 11-08-2006, 02:18 PM
  Ben Palmer has passed away... Walt's Daughter 9 127,961 05-21-2005, 05:27 AM
  Bill Butler has passed on - 48th CE Walt's Daughter 1 118,033 05-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Irishmaam