My letter to Frank - Stars and Stripes - Dec 25, 1944

Another letter in reply:

Thanks for email; it took me back to my Dad. We can never be reminded too many times. My oldest daughter and husband came in from Colorado for Christmas; hadn't seen them for two years. Besides usual holiday activities they wanted to see my Dad's notebook memoirs, photos, personal items that I am putting together for each of my daughters.

So I'm reminded that they too will remember if given the opportunity.

On another note; I was privileged to assist chaparoning MOH convention held in Gettysburg, PA.

It was a lifetime event. I also found out my second daughter's school is a MOH sponsor and held a program that week for eight recipients. She spoke with me for a couple of hours as to how special this was to her school, students and herself. When she told me that she had introduced the program by asking her class to share memories and started with sharing memories of her grandfather and what the WWII soldiers sacrificed for us. I know that she will carry these memories long after I'm gone. My regret is that I haven't done enough to seek out surviving veterans from units that my Dad served with during WWII.

Once again, your email message was very much appreciated.

Keith Yorks

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
My letter to Frank - Stars and Stripes - Dec 25, 1944 - by Walt's Daughter - 01-16-2014, 02:02 PM