Where's the outpouring when they pass?

I posted this on Facebook today after doing a lot of thinking, but I think it needed to be said. I may or may not receive from flak from it (oh pun), but I had to say what I felt in my heart. Here's the post...

I don't mean any disrespect to the WWII COMMUNITY worldwide, but after looking at posts for the last several months, it is obvious that there is a clear distinction who gets paid tribute upon their passing and who doesn't, and I think that is clearly sad.

I and others have posted the passing of WWII vets we've known and loved from various engineering units, etc., and if the post gets a couple of people to respond, we are lucky. Yet, I see a flood of people posting dozens upon dozens of replies each time a member of the airborne passes. As I stated, this is by no means an insult or slight to those men, but I think too many forget that each of these men played an important role during the war.

Many of these men fought overseas for 2, 3 or more years during the war and I think it's a shame that they get glossed over. I just ask that you think about it and the sacrifices these soldiers made to the war effort. Appreciatively, MJC

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Where's the outpouring when they pass? - by Walt's Daughter - 10-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Where's the outpouring when they pass? - by CaptO - 10-27-2013, 10:18 PM