28th Inf Div - MILFORD E MATTHEWS

From an email I received in the past week:

-----------

Looking for any combat reports, after combat reports,maps or anything that will show where the 3rd bn. was between 23rd Sep 1944 and 07 October 1944? The division is not confident of finding the area after so long. I am still awaiting the answere from 110th. I read your site and you had combat maps of the 5th corp. I think this group was in Belgium at this time. Thanks in advance for all.

PERRY F HARKER

----------

Later....

----------

This is for a friend that lost his father in this action.His name was Sgt. Milford E. Matthews. My friends mother had nothing to do with the family after this, so all he has are old medals and no answeres. I do thank you from the bottom of my heart. If you need more info let me know.

PERRY F HARKER

------------

Later after I sent another email to him....

----------------

He was a sgt. in k company of the 110th regiment 28th division. He was killed somewhere near the westwall.They were chasing germans and the 88s started to fire and hit k company and the germans started to the west against the k company. My problem is that the 110th third battalion is not really listed in any combat reports from Luxembourge to the Huertgen. I am wondering where Sgt MILFORD E MATTHEWS was. If i can find out where the unit is i canfigure close to where he was killed. Medals, the only one i can figure was the purple heart and maybe belgium and luxemburge and franc. The picture in paris is the 2nd battalion of the 110th, if what i am given to understand.

PERRY F HARKER

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
28th Inf Div - MILFORD E MATTHEWS - by Walt's Daughter - 06-27-2005, 10:01 PM