History of the Panthers in the Western Front

Dear Marion,

Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm one of the authors of Duel in the Mist, a series of books on the fighting during the Ardennes Offensive.

At the moment I'm working on a new project involving histories of the Panther equipped units fighting on the Western front. In my search for images from the Baccarat - Blamont area (France) I stumbled across your website and the corresponding album of Harold Bare (36th Eng). There are a series of images that are very interesting for my research in so far that I would ask your kind permission, or that of the owner to use these images in the upcoming book. Rest assured that you'll be properly acknowledged and a ofcourse you will receive a free copy upon publication.

If you are interested to see some of my previous work: http://panzerwrecks.com/ditm2info.html

I would be very happy if I could count on your support. These days everybody has a piece of the jigsaw, and it would be marvellous if you could help me complete mine.

Please feel free to contact me.

Best regards

Simon Vosters, Belgium

I did get in touch with the Bare's and they have agreed to let Simon use said photos in his book. :pdt12:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
History of the Panthers in the Western Front - by Walt's Daughter - 05-15-2012, 02:05 PM