Marion

It's your party forget the poll,sometimes

people are preoccupied.They are with you but forget to

express their opinions. The gold ring awaits you

girl GO for it.

T4-Jim Hennessey-87th-Div.

I agree with Jim on this one.

Here's my two cents:

I never listen to talk radio, talk on the radio usually puts me to sleep. HOWEVER, if it was a subject I was interested in done up by people I know I would definately lean my ear to it.

As for going on your own or going with the radio station for $8,500 per year I can only say.... If the committment involved with the contract makes you uncomfortable don't do it. Or tell him that is beyond your comfort zone and could he possibly do a 6 month contract instead of one year. Doesn't hurt to ask. If you feel you would be just as successful on your own of course you could try that route too, you won't have to pound the pavement drumming up advertising. Depends on how much time you have to get that accomplished.

I help organize events at work, too. Retirement parties, Christmas luncheon, breakfasts & lunches. We always take the number of people that RSVP'd and add 10% to it. If we run out of food, tough sh*t. When that happens my co-worker makes it loud and clear they should have RSVP'd. lol!! Actually the last couple retirements we had a ton of people RSVP and only two thirds or so showed up. The last retirement luncheon we planned we had over 25 people RSVP. The Retiree called in sick on the day of the luncheon and we had to scramble around that morning and call everyone. Thankfully we did get ahold of everyone but we were eating cake for a week!

Messages In This Thread
Have a chance to start my own radio show - by chambers - 03-14-2012, 09:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Military Authors Radio - Marion's Interview! Walt's Daughter 21 21,660 06-22-2012, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Marion's Radio Interview Oct 2011 Walt's Daughter 12 12,338 10-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter