Guest speaker at 101st Airborne luncheon - ME!

I'm so excited. Got invited to speak at the 101st Airborne Luncheon in Farmington Hills, MI. Just got off the phone confirming plans with George Koskimaki, Signal Corps, 101st Airborne WWII. George played a pivotal role in helping me down the "right roads" when I first began my research several years ago.

When I called him today, he asked "are you going to be there tomorrow?" I told him that I never got a confirmation call back, and he told me the fellow who invited me and left a voicemail, has been out of town. He said they are featuring part one of my documentary at the luncheon. Wow, I am so honored and so thrilled.

George said he and his buddy got to watch No Bridge Too Far and he was so complimentary. Told me what a magnificent job I did and said it was so professional. He asked if I had every done this sort of thing before. No, George, it was my first attempt. He was just bubbling with enthusiasm. Can't tell you how much it means for me to hear this from a famous WWII author.

I am picking up my sister-in-law Anne and we are going together. I can't wait to see George again, for it's been a while. Thank you for this great opportunity!!!

I AM GEEKED!!!!!!!! :1032:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Guest speaker at 101st Airborne luncheon - ME! - by Walt's Daughter - 02-14-2012, 02:27 PM