Prayers for those on the east coast

Well it looks like Quantico wasn't hit very hard. The power did go out around 1930 last night but it came on (to a degree) around 0745 this morning. We seem to be on backup power here so not everything is working, but a most things are. That seems to be localized to the BOQ, however. Every other place I've seen today (the PX and Commissary for example) are back up and running.

I had my drapes open last night to watch the dark shape of the trees. Sometime in the night the wind was blowing something fierce and it would wake me up from time to time. But other than to my night of sleep, there doesn't seem to be much damage. Some trees have been knocked down here are there, but I didn't see any on anything (such as a car). Undoubtedly, there are lots of those incidents up and down the coast. One point of interest, I saw a car wreck while I was out in town. Nothing serious (assuming the people were in seat belts). I just saw it out of the corner of my eye as I went through an intersection. Just thought to myself someone's looking out for me! (Good thing I had just gone to church! :) )

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Messages In This Thread
Prayers for those on the east coast - by Dogdaddy - 08-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Prayers for those on the east coast - by CaptO - 08-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Prayers for those on the east coast - by CaptO - 08-28-2011, 02:04 PM