Engineer History - Mediterranean Theater - Fifth Army

I AM SO GEEKED! Did I say I was GEEKED!?!

Recently a WWII vet inquired if I could copy more info for him on engineers in Italy. I told him that Al Kincer had given me a set of books years ago, but there's no way I could scan these, due to their age and fragility. These books are rare and costly and I just couldn't take the chance, Waaaaa!

Mind you, I had been looking online to see it there was a digitized copy, but no luck, that is until this evening. I almost fell off my chair, when the search turned up positive.

I posted this link, plus many others - on the main site (http://www.6thcorpsc...inksVICorps.htm) over the last two days, some really GREAT data on the Italian campaign. Many thanks to Dave Kerr on the 36th Inf Div site on Facebook, for turning me onto his site.

Here's the direct link to the book - Enjoy! PS - This file is very large, so be patient!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Engineer History - Mediterranean Theater - Fifth Army - by Walt's Daughter - 01-23-2014, 09:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Order of Battle U.S. Army Ground Forces Pacific Theater WWII Walt's Daughter 0 3,767 10-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  We pitch in : a history of the 551st Engineer Heavy Ponton Battalion in World War II Walt's Daughter 0 3,638 10-21-2012, 03:38 PM
  U.S. Army Engineer School Commandant’s Reading List Walt's Daughter 0 3,155 10-06-2012, 11:08 AM
  World War II Army European Theater History Vols Walt's Daughter 2 4,642 05-16-2007, 10:41 PM