WWII Dancer

Thanks for the nice comments! Sometimes, at famous war sites in France, they have signs posted with pictures of the way it looked during the war, which is true in St. Mere Eglise, for example. For other locations, I found the WWII photos from random places on the 'net. For example, Googling Zeppelin Field, I found many Nuremberg rally photos and copied them to my Picasa album after I discovered I had the same shot. I took a ton of pics at Nuremberg and it's not because I'm more fascinated with the Germans but that this is the only architecture in Germany that is obviously related to that time in Europe. The Germans tore a lot of stuff down and I expect this stuff to be knocked down sometime in the future. I didn't take any pictures of WWII Europe with me to avoid the risk of getting into a bind. In Germany, especially, there are many laws over there forbidding Nazi symbols or anything that may make you look like a Neo-Nazi. It's not worth it to openly hold up a photograph to eye up a shot. So, I based everything from memory and just asked my girlfriend Erin to take a picture. Maybe I'd get lucky like I did in front of the Eiffel! I knew where the Germans were standing and I stood in a spot and had Erin take the picture. Same with Paris, I remember pictures of troops marching, so I tried just stood in the area where the cameraman might have been back then. It wasn't until I came back to the US that I realized it was the same spot.

Here's something I'll share with the forum. I didn't want to put it in the web album for fear I'd get tagged as a freak. :armata_PDT_01: Now, imagine standing in a not so famous spot, asking the person your with to "stand over there and take a picture" then coming home to the US and realizing it was an exact angle of a picture in a book... Link to the photo. No lie, I didn't force this to happen!

Messages In This Thread
WWII Dancer - by vette97 - 01-13-2011, 10:29 PM
WWII Dancer - by Walt's Daughter - 01-14-2011, 01:36 AM
WWII Dancer - by vette97 - 01-14-2011, 01:53 PM
WWII Dancer - by CaptO - 01-14-2011, 02:12 PM
WWII Dancer - by vette97 - 01-14-2011, 02:15 PM
WWII Dancer - by Walt's Daughter - 01-15-2011, 09:44 AM
WWII Dancer - by brian m - 01-16-2011, 12:46 PM
WWII Dancer - by Walt's Daughter - 01-16-2011, 01:34 PM
WWII Dancer - by vette97 - 01-16-2011, 11:44 PM
WWII Dancer - by Walt's Daughter - 01-17-2011, 12:11 PM
WWII Dancer - by brian m - 01-19-2011, 10:32 PM