Hello - 608th Engineer Light Equipment Co

Thanks, Larry. I am so appreciative!

I actually supplied the info for both of those bios. If you read the article about my father being honored in front ot the IL House, I am the daughter mentioned. Clementine is just a nickname.

(I left out the most important part of his AF bio because it doesn't mention the fact I was born while he was stationed at Fairchild AFB! :) Just kidding...)

I know my father was an engineer with the 608th - now I am trying to find out more about the unit's history and even just how engineer units functioned. My father is still pretty good at relating his personal experiences but was really never too detailed about the unit history. Since coming here I have a better understanding why that is. Now I have a better understanding of how the men in a unit such as my father's were shifted around and filled in everywhere and the history of the unit is really the personal histories of each of them.

I am happy to be here and so thankful for helpful people like you.

Clem

Messages In This Thread
Hello - 608th Engineer Light Equipment Co - by Clementine - 12-06-2010, 03:38 PM
Hello - 608th Engineer Light Equipment Co - by Clementine - 12-13-2010, 01:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  631 Engineer Light Equipment Co rennog 2 154,709 01-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter