Told to take down article

Received a nice letter back after I replied to their email and told them I had taken down said article. Thank you Scott. I do appreciate your reply. He provides an example of something from our site, if he were to use it on their site. It is all in the use/reference and how it would be displayed.

Marion

Marion,

Your email traffic has been forwarded to my attention. I want to personally thank you for reading our content and attempting to "do the right thing" by acknowledging good work done by hard working writers. Legal text comes off unintentionally harsh, but Denise's intentions were to protect our company assets and she was working on my behalf. From reader your response, I am confident that you meant no harm to our organization.

I encourage web sites and forums to provide their readership a sentence or two from our stories and then provide a link back to our original content located on our web sites. I'm sure that you can understand that our online success depends on people visiting our web site (i.e. page views).

I can provide an example using material on your web site:

Future "sister" site www.ww2engineers.com

I am in the PLANNING stages for a "sister" site to VI Corps Combat Engineers. It would have the same exact flavor of the main site because I would use the templates (colors, fonts, etc.), but its focus would be for ALL WWII engineers.

Read the rest of the story here: http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/eng...?showtopic=3078

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to email or call me personally.

Thank you.

M. Scott Mahaskey

Managing Editor/Interactive & Visual

Army Times Publishing Co. (A Gannett Company)

6883 Commercial Dr., Springfield, VA 22159 USA

Office: (703) 750-7438

Mobile: (202) 438-7408

www.militarytimes.com

www.mahaskey.com

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Told to take down article - by Walt's Daughter - 08-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Told to take down article - by Walt's Daughter - 08-19-2010, 11:40 PM