"A Woman in Berlin", By Anonymous

When people state, how can one person make a difference, well this is a fine example of how a few demented SOB's, can do to the entire world.

Getting off on a slight tangent, a friend of mine was over the other night, and his grade-school aged son is into history and especially WWII. He wants his son to see my documentary, etc., Well, he was telling us how the kid is enthralled with Hitler, and the dad is very upset. Mind you, this is not a nutty kid or anything, he is simply fascinated with how he took the world by the balls.

We told our buddy, don't be upset, for he will learn how bad Hitler was, when he continues to study. But our buddy reiterated, why is he interested in Hitler at ALL? Well I explained to him, it's the same reason hundreds of thousands of people during the 30's and 40's were. He grabbed people, got their attention and they were enthralled. He had a PERSONALITY! He took people who were so downtrodden after losing the first world war, and then going through the great depression and gave them a reason to live and hope for better times. It didn't matter how it was obtained; they just wanted results.

Take any group of people and feed them what they want to hear and BAM! They will close their eyes to all but the outcome.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
"A Woman in Berlin", By Anonymous - by Dogdaddy - 06-27-2010, 06:11 PM
"A Woman in Berlin", By Anonymous - by verow - 06-28-2010, 06:26 AM
"A Woman in Berlin", By Anonymous - by Dogdaddy - 06-28-2010, 11:41 PM
"A Woman in Berlin", By Anonymous - by CaptO - 06-29-2010, 09:06 AM
"A Woman in Berlin", By Anonymous - by Walt's Daughter - 06-29-2010, 09:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World War II: London Blitz Diary - A Woman's Revelations... Walt's Daughter 0 2,876 06-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  All the Way to Berlin - James Megellas Walt's Daughter 1 5,827 07-16-2009, 09:36 AM
Last Post: Ronald