GOING,,, GOING,,,?

Thank You for posting this poem Chuck. The part about Politicians is especially 'sad but true,' and it's being exposed more often than in times past, although these dishonorable indiscretions are not a new thing in the world of Politics.

Getting back to the real message of this poem, I am always saddened by the death of any soldier, as one death affects ever so many family members and friends. In "WWII in HD" the narrator states that "16 million Americans served in WWII...Out of that 16 million only 10% are alive today.' I won't even pretend to know how deeply each soldier's death is felt by our Vets on this board. I will tell you that for me, the thought of the time ahead when all of them have passed away, and there are no more WWII Veterans left in America will make me feel like the world I grew up in has ended. I don't even like to think about it...and I know that M1 feels the same way. That's why studying WWII, which started as a hobby for me has become a mission to make sure their sacrifice will never be forgotten.

God Bless You.

Most sincerely,

Messages In This Thread
GOING,,, GOING,,,? - by chucktoo - 01-20-2010, 01:46 PM
GOING,,, GOING,,,? - by Walt's Daughter - 01-20-2010, 03:49 PM
GOING,,, GOING,,,? - by roque_riojas - 01-20-2010, 04:33 PM
GOING,,, GOING,,,? - by verow - 01-21-2010, 05:58 AM
GOING,,, GOING,,,? - by Walt's Daughter - 01-21-2010, 08:49 AM
GOING,,, GOING,,,? - by Dogdaddy - 01-21-2010, 11:23 PM