Farewell Al Panebianco -45th Inf Div

The latest.... Way to go Al. I know you are not out-of-the-woods yet, but any step forward.... :armata_PDT_01: Thank you Bob for keeping me informed. I surely appreciate your time. Many hugs to my buddy. I sure miss his frequent emails.

======================

The good news – Al had the breathing tube removed and is breathing on his own. He has been moved from Intensive Care to a step down unit at the hospital. His infections seem to be under control and he is being treated for fluid retention. Now that the breathing tube has been removed, he can talk but only for a very short time before getting very tired.

He is still very sick and, assuming no more setbacks, will probably be in the hospital for at least another 2-3 weeks before starting rehab. Rehab could last several months, again, assuming no major setbacks.

The entire family visited him over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Al & Mary, Denise & Ray along with Shelly. Needless to say, he was extremely happy to see them all together.

Tina is coping fairly well. The stress on her and the entire family has been great.

Thank you all for your prayers and caring.

Bob MacDade

Al--The Lord has heard our prayers, so just relax and let the Lord help you.

The THUNDERBIRDS' IS A TOUGH OUTFIT. redbulldogfacesaidit

Messages In This Thread
Farewell Al Panebianco -45th Inf Div - by roque_riojas - 12-04-2009, 11:28 PM
Farewell Al Panebianco -45th Inf Div - by CaptO - 12-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Farewell Al Panebianco -45th Inf Div - by CaptO - 01-04-2010, 12:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The passing of James Bird - 45th Infantry Walt's Daughter 0 2,476 01-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Get well cards for James Bird- 45th Inf Div Walt's Daughter 1 3,340 02-07-2009, 04:28 PM
  Farewell General Sparks - 45th Infantry Div Walt's Daughter 0 2,797 10-01-2007, 09:27 PM