Looking For 1st Lt Glover

Good-day! I am new to this forum and wanted to say hi! I am not associated with any combat engineers, but my dad was a T-sgt radio-operator in the 4th MAW and spent 2 1/2 years in the central pacific push in WWII. Ultimately, that led to my interest in USMC aviation patches from WWII and collection of M1 helmets, PTO and ETO. I have a small number of combat engineer helmets in my collection, one of which came in a grouping (coats, binocs, web-gear etc) that I am trying to identify and frankly, I need some help. This grouping came out of New Mexico and belonged to a 1st Lt Glover (first name not available, unfortunately) who was discharged with a rank of captain. His coat had 3 years of service bars, 15th Corps patch on the right should and 6th army (pacific-not Corps) on the left shoulder and a presidential citation with 2 oak clusters. So, I believe he served in the ETO and ended up in the pacific. If someone knew this man, that would be great (and a small miracle). But, unfamiliar with combat engineer organizations, I am trying find out which engineer groups were specifically assigned to the XV Corps and 6th army in order to further narrow my search as I prepare paper work for NARA . Even with limited info, I think I can find this soldier. I look forward to any and all comments and direction in this matter.......

Patrick Stout

Messages In This Thread
Looking For 1st Lt Glover - by jpstout - 08-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Looking For 1st Lt Glover - by Walt's Daughter - 08-17-2008, 09:34 PM