Nazi-hunter says he's closing in on 'Dr. Death'

I wanted to add something to this thread before it goes into hibernation. I recently bought a Documentary DVD called "The Unknown Soldier" which documents the controversial Wehrmacht Exhibition in Germany several years ago. The exhibit implied that there was evidence of widespread complicity by the Wehrmacht in war time atrocities and not just the SS, and this was referred to as Germany's Nasty little Family Secret. I don't know if that's all true, but the researchers sure made some compelling arguments to that effect. One of the points that stuck with me was about the often heard "I was only following orders". After citing several incidents in which a German officer disobeyed a superior officer who had given him a command to shoot unarmed civilians or prisoners it was revealed that there is no record anywhere of a situation like that ever resulting in the death of Anyone who refused to obey an order like that, and you know how meticulous the Germans were about keeping records. Does this mean that all Wehrmacht soldiers were guilty?...Hell no! but it makes the case that it might have been more common than people have been led to believe. When I see the kind of people that were protesting this exhibit (Very drunk & angry German skinheads) I tend to lean towards believing the info presented by the filmakers, not that my opinion matters :argue:

Dogdaddy
:woof:

Messages In This Thread
Nazi-hunter says he's closing in on 'Dr. Death' - by Dogdaddy - 07-26-2008, 11:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tariq Aziz sentenced to death Walt's Daughter 0 2,759 10-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  U.S. Forces in Iraq Pay Tribute to Bataan Death March Victims Walt's Daughter 1 3,990 05-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  WWII Vet Freezes to Death in His Own Home arve 2 4,590 01-27-2009, 06:58 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas