202nd Engineers

Marion,

I am the product manager for Fold3.com, a subsidiary of Ancestry.com that specializes in military records for family history, military, and general historical research.

In addition to our subscription-accessed records, we have an extensive free-access collection, including World War II Air Force photos, Civil War photos, and an interactive Vietnam Wall. We are looking to expand our World War II free-access content and it was while doing research for that effort that I ran across your site. (We will not take content from your site without you agreeing to it, just for the record.)

Specifically, I was looking for someone who had a copy of a book given to those who were discharged from the 202nd Engineer Battalion. Your site surfaced when I Googled “202nd Engineer Battalion”. (Nice site, by the way, and a wonderful honor to your father.)

David Williams

Fold3 Product Manager

David, I just posted some links I found earlier today (see above post).

I just contacted one of the 202nd on Facebook. Will let you know when I hear from him.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
202nd Engineers - by Walt's Daughter - 07-03-2008, 08:13 AM
202nd Engineers - by Walt's Daughter - 07-03-2008, 08:45 AM
202nd Engineers - by Walt's Daughter - 10-21-2012, 11:15 AM
202nd Engineers - by Walt's Daughter - 10-21-2012, 12:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  special service engineers & rail engineers Ron Nash 17 587,040 11-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter