HI.. I NEED HELP - 692nd Coast Artillery (AA)

HI Everyone! Great to be a member. :direct:

I did a google search on the 692nd Coast Artillery Battery (Anti-Aircraft) (Automatic Weapons) (AB) 5th ARMY

I found this site, and it was mentioned. Everyone seems to be here to learn or research.

Well I am trying to Publish an article for The Toledo History Museum in Ohio. I am doing research on a the first Toledo Ohioan Killed in WW2. I know he died Jan. 16th 1943. But there was not much noted action in North Africa at that point. I sent for military records but i guess they were all destroyed in a fire in the 70's. His name was Roman " Bud" Frankowski. It there are any documents supporting action during early Jan. 1943.

I have looked at the national archives online... local archives here in the city etc. I just want to know how he died... or have an idea of the kind of action he was involved in.

I have been unable to find any living family.. :armata_PDT_19: .. other than a great newphew ( trying to find his phone number).

There is a VFW named after him, but they know very little. The history of this man is with people who have already passed on. My next step will be to contact reunions and see if anyone knew him.

Please if anyone can help please e-mail me... or respond. Thank you so much. :banghead:

Messages In This Thread
HI.. I NEED HELP - 692nd Coast Artillery (AA) - by cwulf82 - 05-22-2007, 02:39 PM