What is a WWII Corps?

No argument from me gentleman. I understand TOTALLY at the time that all of you had other concerns. It certainly wasn't important then and it shouldn't have been. You were simply trying to do what you had to with what you had at that point in time.

Many of my buddies have no idea what a squad or battalion was, let alone a corps, so my job as a historian is to educate all my readers. They have legitimate questions about Army organization and it is important to them to understand the fundamentals about the structure, especially where it concerns their fathers, uncles, and grandfathers.

When I was researching my father's history, it was important for me to understand where he stood in the hierachy. It helped me to understand what role he played and how his unit was associated with the BIG picture. It's basically mathematics and to understand what two and two equal. Simple as that.

When people read my articles and read my future books, it helps to have them understand the basic lingo.

:drinkin:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
What is a WWII Corps? - by Walt's Daughter - 05-17-2007, 09:56 PM
What is a WWII Corps? - by j3rdinf - 05-18-2007, 08:30 PM
What is a WWII Corps? - by roque_riojas - 05-18-2007, 10:27 PM
What is a WWII Corps? - by Walt's Daughter - 05-18-2007, 11:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marine Corps field artillery at its best !! sixgun 14 17,176 09-09-2016, 08:46 AM
Last Post: CaptO
  war dogs trained by Quartermaster Corps arve 13 12,046 10-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Last Post: 206thmpco