Embedded '45 Shooting War in Germany

I recently signed up for Netflix so I don't have to buy every single WWII documentary I want to see, and have been very happy with both the selection and service! Today I watched a terrific DVD titled "Embedded '45 Shooting War in Europe". The film is all black & white but extremely clear and crisp, unlike many films of the war. This program follows the US Army on the march through Germany from February '45 till May '45, and shows some of the best footage of the American Infantryman I've ever seen as they fight house to house in the rubble of Nazi Germany..I think all of you Vets here would really approve of this one. While watching this I have thought about many of the stories that have been shared here on this website, and it makes me appreciate it all that much more. This is not Hollywood BS with Clark Gable in a tailored uniform, but alot of Willie and Joe types on the screen with unshaven, tired looking faces and mud on their boots. Run time is 108 minutes. Haven't checked Amazon to see if it's for sale anywhere yet but I will. This one is really tops, and this endorsement comes from a guy with a large collection of WWII documentaries... :armata_PDT_37:

Dogdaddy

Messages In This Thread
Embedded '45 Shooting War in Germany - by Dogdaddy - 04-17-2007, 11:55 PM