Easy Eddie, Al Capone and...

If you did notice, I did print the link for the ACE PILOTS SITE. IT quotes the book and informs the readers. Yes, I realize that the little story floating around doesn't match exactly, but I think most can figure that out when they visit the site.

Quote from the site:

In November, his father was gunned down by Al Capone's gunmen, most likely because he had given the government information useful in its prosecution of Capone. The gangland-style murder made big headlines, and the newspapers printed numerous speculations on the circumstances of the murder. Many of these were less than flattering and implied that E.J. was involved with the mob. (Ewing & Lundstrom's excellent biography, Fateful Rendezvous: The Life of Butch O'Hare, covers these events in great detail.) Returning to Pensacola after the funeral, young O'Hare moved up to flying more advanced biplanes like the Vought O3U, the Corsair SU, and the Vought SBU-1 scout bomber (top speed 205 mph). In early 1940, he completed the required flying in patrol planes and advanced land planes.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Easy Eddie, Al Capone and... - by Walt's Daughter - 12-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Easy Eddie, Al Capone and... - by j3rdinf - 12-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Easy Eddie, Al Capone and... - by Walt's Daughter - 12-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Easy Eddie, Al Capone and... - by chambers - 12-12-2006, 10:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pictures Of Soldiers Easy sixgun 0 2,637 11-06-2009, 09:26 AM