Future "sister" site www.ww2engineers.com

Paul: I promise to be patient! :armata_PDT_01:

Well I guess I was a born multi-tasker. I'm always doing something. It's in the blood. What I have learned to do though is to learn how to say no. Used to get myself into trouble with that.

For instance, I began working with computers about 25 years ago, and began getting phone calls at my house from family and friends ALL the time. "Please come over and fix my computer!", "Do you have a moment? Can you run through this on the phone?" "Can I drop my computer off to you tomorrow?"

Well I certainly enjoy working with computers, and didn't mind helping people, but it was getting out of hand. I would never say NO! Then it began to be a burden at times. Hubby kept saying, "You have to learn how to say no."

Then I was getting to the point where I was starting to resent some people, for they would even call on a Sunday afternoon, because their GAME crashed, and expect me to fix it right then and there.

I DID LEARN HOW TO SAY NO! :bluejumper: It was the best thing I ever did. I made more ME TIME!

About a year ago I received a letter from a well-meaning daughter of a vet. She had asked me if there was more info on one of the units. Yes I explained there was, but due to the nature of the beast and amount of material, it was probably going to take me months to scan and upload, once I got around to it. You know what she said? I was being unfair to sit on all these documents, while people were itching to get a them. :fireyhair:

I told her I understood how she and others might feel, but I was only ONE PERSON, who also works full time, and I also have a life outside the "Corps". She wasn't real happy.

Trust me, I wish I could share everything in my collection, TODAY, but it's simply not feasible. It's a long and arduous process, and sometimes it downright daunting!

So I try my best, and sometimes things must slide. Now that I'm working on part two of the documentary again, other things will slide including the website. There's only so much one person can do.

Once again, thanks for your vote of confidence. It means a lot to me.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Messages In This Thread
Future "sister" site www.ww2engineers.com - by Walt's Daughter - 01-28-2011, 10:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Revamped Main Site - NEW LOOK!!!! Walt's Daughter 3 5,718 06-23-2017, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  191, 864 hits on our main site! Wow! Walt's Daughter 0 3,625 09-20-2013, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter