How do us "old critters" spend the day

I know that Roque is well into his 34th Div Association, I know Sgt. Leo has a enouth to do in caring for his wife and God bless both of them. And than God for them both. Although I am a little lucky so far, even with some short hospital stays, legs that dont function too well, pacemaker implant, and just damn old age, I got interested in deer a

few years ago and am making a study of them. Outside of shooting (targets) which is

also a hobby, rifle, pistol, and shotgun (skeet and trap) it keeps me quite busy. Again,

luckily my backyard is on the edge of a woods where deer abound and I started feeding them. Bought a electric ATV (all terrain Vehicle) which now gives me access to the woodlands so I can now access the back woods. My life has now opened up again and

am free to roam for the past year on it. Thanks to the digital cameras I can take wildlife

pictures, and closeup pics in my back yard at my leisure. Many hundreds of pics which

give much info and enjoyment in different seasions. Sure, I go through about 250 lbs

of deer food plus salt licks and cracked corn each month, but a small price to pay for

the enjoyment myself and my wife get from it. Really, just how much T.V. can one

watch.

Joe, I envy you and am awful glad that you have all the wide open spaces to roam around in. You indeed are fortunate. I guess to all of us, old age brings a lot of unforseen things. I just got hit with some very bad news. My wife Elizabeth, just found out that she has lung cancer. I am taking her tomorrow,Monday to the Oncologist to see what kind of treatment she is going to have. But I have faith in the LORD, that his will be done. Joe keep enjoying yourself and keep me posted.

The reunion went wonderful. The first day at start of the meeting I was sworn in as acting President and the next day I was elected and sworn in again as President. Keep in touch Joe. God Bless, Roque

Messages In This Thread
How do us "old critters" spend the day - by roque_riojas - 09-24-2006, 07:33 PM