Remembering 9-11

As the date nears once again, I am receiving more email regarding that fateful day 5 years ago.

If you care to share any links or thoughts that touch your heart, please list them below.

I took time to watch Flight 93 last night, and of course broke down in tears. As my husband stated to a friend yesterday, "It was heavy!"

I didn't know if I wanted to watch it, but I had to. It was gripping, terrifying, touching, and reconfirmed why we as Americans should stick together.

As many of you know, we was flying that morning and our flight was brought down by the FAA. That plane could very well have been ours. It stills shakes me up to think of that morning.

It was a perfect day, a beautiful sunny day, and you think, how could anything go wrong? Surrounded by friends and happy as could be then... and then...

I think it is important to remember this date and to not become complacent. Many people have. They think we are safe, they think all is okay and that we should just get on with our lives. We cannot afford to have that attitude, anymore than we should forget WWII or the Holocaust. I'm afraid we shall remain divided and bicker about stupid things until the next big event occurs. :(

I shall place the link for the poem I wrote the week I returned home. A friend put the poem to music and here is the moving result.

http://www.narickarecords.com/music/Americ...trongMpsss1.htm

I realize the words may be hard for some eyes to see, so I am printing it below for those of you:

America the Strong - copyright© keeling & chard 2002

So you think you’ll go to heaven

We’re here to say you’re wrong

We’re America We’re freedom

We’re America the strong

For every part I grind today

It’s for the USA

We won’t be downed and trodden

You won’t stand in our way

For every flag we fly this week

We stand with pride and grace

You’re a pox upon your people