Paper Items: Soldbuchs, ID booklets & Etc.

Wanted to share this with you folks, as there are a few things about it that make it out of the ordinary and (I believe) interesting! It is a passport/ID booklet issued by the Deutsches Konsulat to Yokohama Japan. The two-Axis connection itself makes it unique, but the date on which it was issued is also interesting: December 9, 1941......Just 2 days after Pearl Harbor was attacked! Do you think maybe the staff of the German Consulate had a clue that things might be getting busy soon? B) The Waffenampt stamps are very crisp & clear, the first being dated in '41. Another interesting thing is that big purple stamp from the "Tokyo International Business & Trade Bureau", which is stamped "June 27,1950." Okay.....the girl is not bad looking either :rolleyes: .

Now I must confess: I don't read German or Japanese, so when I first saw this was issued by the German "Konsulat" I thought perhaps the woman might be some high-ranking SS or Gestapo person, and started thinking "$$$$ B " for Jim, but when I showed it to a German speaking friend, she told me there was a word there that indicated she was probably just some kind of domestic helper, like a Nanny or something :lol::lol::lol: .............. :banghead:

:woof: Dogdaddy

post-36-1156293194_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   28781.jpg (Size: 147.15 KB / Downloads: 0)

Messages In This Thread
Paper Items: Soldbuchs, ID booklets & Etc. - by Dogdaddy - 08-22-2006, 09:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A couple Items liberated by the 36th Engineers twobisquit 9 9,912 06-19-2009, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Dogdaddy