New.. Dad was in ACE in Burma/India

Thank you!!!!! You have given me alot to look through. I read several articles that were in your links section. Looks like I have alot more reading to do. I can't wait to find out more. You really are an -o- !!!! I will call the VA Hospital today to see about getting any medical records they may have.

It's amazing how you live with someone for 37 yrs and never know a whole other side of them. It's sad too that it has to be after they have passed that we get to have a whole different kind of awe and respect for them. I was just telling that to my son, who is back home right now with his grandparents. I told him to start questioning his grandfather and grandmother NOW about what they don't know. Don't wait til they are gone when the answers won't be available or at least sketchy. I know these men came back and just wanted to get on with their lives and just thought "it was my job, it's over" . I just wish they could understand that it wasn't "just a job". It was a part of our history. They ARE our history. THEY ARE the reason WE are all here in a country of freedom. They ARE our legecy. It is a legecy that needs to be passed from generation to generation and never forgotten. I lost several "big brothers" in the Vietnam war. I am finding out that I am extremely lucky to even have been born!

Once again, THANK YOU for having such a site to come to that spurs those questions to be answered. I may never know exactly what my dad went through but I know more this minute than I ever knew and the search in on to know more.

:puter:

Kathy

Messages In This Thread
New.. Dad was in ACE in Burma/India - by mrsdementedlvr - 08-16-2006, 11:49 AM