Camp Satory – POW Camp for German soldiers

My dad's Separation Qualification Record states, “Spent approximately 30 months as composite unit commander. Commanded and received the first prisoner or war labor unit in Paris consisting of 250 men. Later increased to a camp of 1500. As unit commander was responsible for administration, training, and discipline of unit. Made decisions reguarding (sp) personel (sp) efficiency, discipline, training, work, and supply. Directed performance of duty and made regular inspections. Prisoners of war worked as largest engineering depot in France.”

According to the Internet: "Satory is an area south of Versailles in France. It is mostly known for its military camp..."

If anyone has information about this camp, I would really appreciate a reply. Thank you in advance.

Also, I have included a portrait of my dad one of the German prisoners painted for him while he was commander of that camp. It is spot on.Painting-Oil-POW.thumb.JPG.11595259e063f5ed97c21a9fee6c842e.JPG

Attached Files
.jpg   Painting-Oil-POW.JPG (Size: 2.28 MB / Downloads: 0)

Awesome story. Welcome aboard!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Yes. welcome aboard. Sorry for the delay in reply. Happy to have your here, but as normal (sigh), I am way behind in my forum posts and email! 

Presently, I do not have any info on this camp, but will look for you. 

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"