The Pacific
Can't wait. Thanks for part of the story line. Like to follow.
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

HBO will be showing a mini series titled "The Pacific" starting next month. It is by the same group than produced "Band of Brothers". It traces several soldiers through their service time in the Pacific Theater. I don't have HBO, but look forward to seeing it on DVD

HBO will be showing a mini series titled "The Pacific" starting next month. It is by the same group than produced "Band of Brothers". It traces several soldiers through their service time in the Pacific Theater. I don't have HBO, but look forward to seeing it on DVD

I have a friend in Australia (where the series was filmed) that has been telling me this series should be premiering sometime soon but didn't know exactly when, so this is great news. I don't have HBO either, so I will have to wait for it on DVD also, but that shouldn't be too far down the road. Watch the popularity (and price) of USMC items soar on ebay after this, just like 101rst Airborne items did after Band of Brothers.

The Pacific Tonight at 8:30PM ET/PT, HBO will air a 30 minute behind-the-scenes special: "The Making Of The Pacific".

I just saw the above post on FACEBOOK.

Marion J Chard

I didn't have HBO before about 5 hours ago, but I have it now!

Wow, the show was great and looks like it will only get better. Today's show had a lot of background and that sort of thing much like BoB episode 1. Looking forward to the rest!!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

We just watched it too, and am very eager to see the rest. Well done as expected. Glad you got to see it.

Have to admit because of the death of my friend last week, I was very leery about watching people get injured or killed tonight. It just hit home a little more than usual.

Marion J Chard
So, how many others saw this great show? What did you think of the first episode? Let's hear from you.
Marion J Chard

I don't get HBO... :( perhaps it will be viewable online or to dvd soon.

...but I did get to hug an Iwo Jima veteran today :D

We ,across the 'Pond', won't get to see it until the Spring, do'hhhhhh.

Saw this item ,what a man... :armata_PDT_01:

" We want to get the hell over there. The quicker we clean up this Goddamned mess, the quicker we can take a little jaunt against the purple pissing Japs and clean out their nest, too. Before the Goddamned Marines get all of the credit. " - General George S. Patton, Jr (addressing his troops prior to Operation Overlord, June 5, 1944)

Todd, Look's like praise indeed.. :armata_PDT_37:

Upon talking with hubby and the feedback he got on one of the forums he belongs to, the only thing really lacking was character development. It did move along too fast. Would have liked to seen a bit more homeland scenes so we could get to know the men better, before they shipped to Guadalcanal.

As he stated, by the time the first episode of BOB was done, you had a real feel for each of the guys.

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  South Pacific Walt's Daughter 0 3,263 07-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  D-Days in the Pacific Walt's Daughter 3 5,636 10-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Dogdaddy