Documentary - No Bridge Too Far

Thanks sweetie. I am very excited. I think it will be cool, even if he takes the time to look at it. It's a wonderful opportunity, that's for sure. Well tomorrow is the big day. Gonna sit and write. Wish me luck! If you don't try, you never get anywhere, so I have nothing to lose.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Okay, I am mailing it to him right now. Am attaching my letter below, along with my intro. Read the LETTER first.

Letter to Mr Tom Hanks Dec 3, 2014.pdf

A Box of Chocolates - revised Dec 3, 2014.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   Letter to Mr Tom Hanks Dec 3, 2014.pdf (Size: 153.54 KB / Downloads: 0)
.pdf   A Box of Chocolates - revised Dec 3, 2014.pdf (Size: 89.35 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Hope all goes well!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Danka, darling. I have NO high expectations, but I truly do hope he has time to eventually read my letter and view the documentary. I would simply be thrilled with that. I know his love of history and would be honored to share this with him. I realize he is a very busy man with a tight schedule, so even if it does get to him via his personal assistant, it may take a while.

Marion J Chard

My goal was to reach $4000.00 within a year, however my funding campaign has been at a standstill for the last several months at $1400.00. I have reached out via my websites, letters, Facebook, etc., but to no avail. I sent yet another letter this morning to one of my contacts, and am eagerly awaiting to hear from him, looking for advice on where to turn next.

I SO appreciate everyone who has contributed to my project, but I have to admit how disappointed I am, but I'm not giving up. I truly believed that with all my contacts in the WWII community, that I would have met my goal last year, but it has not come to fruition. I believed that the subject matter would have been of great interest to historians and the like, since the material simply hasn't been explored before, but it's been a struggle.

Doing my best,

M1

:armata_PDT_23::armata_PDT_23::armata_PDT_23:

Marion J Chard

Still plugging away...

Ah, trying yet another avenue for my documentary, No Bridge Too Far.

As many of you know, I am trying desperately to get the word out about my work, and even contacted Tom Hanks amongst others, but sadly, no real interest.

It aired on a New Jersey cable channel, but that's about as far as it has gotten.

Well earlier today I was reading an article on Senator Bob Dole and if you remember, he fought in WWII. So a light bulb went off and I said to myself, why haven't you tried contacting him before now?

So tonight I sent a fax letter to his law office and am hoping to hear from him. It would be a real honor and privilege to send him a copy of my work.

Wish me luck. Never give up. Just takes one right person.

www.nobridgetoofar.com

Marion J Chard

I hope that generates some support. It would be nice to see something nice happen to a nice person once in a while!!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Thanks. I do get a bit discouraged, for I see so much junk out there that become popular and has public support and tons of money pumped into these works. Try as I might (and I have tried), I can't seem to get a break, but I keep going. I start to question myself and say, maybe the work just isn't up to par and that maybe I am fooling myself. I just don't know. Sigh!

Marion J Chard

• Well, I did receive a personal email from Senator Bob Dole. While he regrets he doesn't have any direct leads for me, he was kind to offer a few suggestions. Again, it was simply wonderful to hear from him directly. Thank you Senator.

2 hrs · Like

• 63509_109094362623679_1498121425_n.jpg?o

Marion Jeanette Poniedzialek Chard I wrote back to him this morning and his secretary answered me right away and gave me his address. I will be sending him a copy of my documentary this afternoon. It's a real honor.

Marion J Chard

Sorry about the format above. I copied it from my Facebook page.

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginning Thoughts on No Bridge Too Far - 2006 Walt's Daughter 16 21,964 02-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter