Documentary - No Bridge Too Far

What outfit was your buddy, Mr. Medina in? At Cassino.

We were there, town of Cassino, and up the mountain to the Monastary of Cassino.

Ask him if he heard of the 34th I.D. Medina hm, countryman.. Roque Riojas

Roque,

Joe Medina was on my Dad's machine gun crew at Cassino. They were together from Fort Rielly Kansas in the Cav, to Africa to Italy and Germany.Joe told me that Cassino was pretty rough and he remembers going through alot of rounds there with their little .30. they were attached to the 36th ID at the time.

I mentioned you Rocky to him and told him about you being the president of the 34th. I could give you his address if you would like to write. He doesnt have a computer but I'm sure he would like to talk .

I never can pass up an opportunity to post a picture. Here is Medina Stephens and Howe

post-32-1200103071_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   europe_1_2.jpg (Size: 35.77 KB / Downloads: 0)

Roque,

Joe Medina was on my Dad's machine gun crew at Cassino. They were together from Fort Rielly Kansas in the Cav, to Africa to Italy and Germany.Joe told me that Cassino was pretty rough and he remembers going through alot of rounds there with their little .30. they were attached to the 36th ID at the time.

I mentioned you Rocky to him and told him about you being the president of the 34th. I could give you his address if you would like to write. He doesnt have a computer but I'm sure he would like to talk .

I never can pass up an opportunity to post a picture. Here is Medina Stephens and Howe

twobisquit: it would be nice to talkto him. If you care to give me his address and maybe

his phone no. I could call him say after 9pm. free call. send me an e-mail direct.

(**address removed by admin**). The36th was on our left flank. Ask him about the

RAPIDO RIVER. Rocky

Rocky, please don't put your email out on the forum, it leaves you WIDE open for spam.

:blink: Those people can and will get your email address and bombard you with hundreds of junk emails.

It's better to use the private message feature.

Brooke

Rocky, please don't put your email out on the forum, it leaves you WIDE open for spam.

:blink: Those people can and will get your email address and bombard you with hundreds of junk emails.

It's better to use the private message feature.

Brooke

thank you so much Brooke,, I didn't realize This. I will not do anything to cause

any trouble, I appologize. I quess I should have said tohave him send me a direct

e-mail, would that be OK? Again I am sorry. ten lashes with a wet noodle, Rocky

Chris

I do have Joe's address, so will send him the documentary this weekend. :drinkin:

Rocky, no need to apologize, Brooke was trying to save YOU, because you would have been bombarded with junk in your inbox! :machinegun:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Chris

I do have Joe's address, so will send him the documentary this weekend. :drinkin:

Rocky, no need to apologize, Brooke was trying to save YOU, because you would have been bombarded with junk in your inbox! :machinegun:

THANK YOU, , ,,Maid Marion,, IT'S JUST AFTER 8AM cst. Gotta start getting ready, going

to a STATE BOARD MEETING of the "American G.I. Forum", at the state capitol,

Topeka, Ks. Don't know why I was asked to attend. Rocky

PM sent Rocky

Thanks alot Marion for the DVD. Joe's grandaughter is realising they were part of a special group of guys.

Chris

PM sent Rocky

Thanks alot Marion for the DVD. Joe's grandaughter is realising they were part of a special group of guys.

Chris

Thanks Twobisquit-Marion-Brooke msg. recvd.-- Twobis----- will try after 9pm on phone

Alert the oleboy for a call with a funny No. Rocky

Twobisquit----Talked to Joe last night, 9:15 pm C.S.T. He is 3 yrs. younger

than me. Kinda hard to hear him on cell ph. Had a REAL NICE chat. Next

time I might ask him If I can go there for some Tacos or Burritos. He said

it was 60 deg. there, I told him 24 in K.C. And yes we talked about

Cassino and Anzio. His outfit joined the 36th I.D. after the Rapido River

crossing. He knew that we,(34th I.D.) had more than 600 days of combat.

Thanks again for getting two old warhorses together eventho it was

by phone. Rocky :armata_PDT_37::armata_PDT_37:

Rocky,

I'm glad you enjoyed talking to Joe. I have thought for awhile that the two of you had quite a bit in common. That weather out there sure sounded good. He got a pretty good chuckle when I told him we had a balmy 35 degrees yesterday, since he was hoping it would warm up a little more there. Those folks in California have it tough.

Maybe between the two of you guys I can get a good green chile recipe. :rolleyes:

Chris

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginning Thoughts on No Bridge Too Far - 2006 Walt's Daughter 16 22,458 02-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter