Forums
316th Engineer Combat Battalion - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: World War II (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: WWII ENGINEERS (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 316th Engineer Combat Battalion (/showthread.php?tid=841)

Pages: 1 2 3

316th Engineer Combat Battalion - mikel - 04-29-2014

It is a shame that Ancestry is so expensive. It seems to me if they lowered their prices a bit they'd have a lot more users. I will say that it has been a vital tool in my research on the 284th....but yeah I can only swing another month or two of it and then I'm going to have to let it go for a while...

316th Engineer Combat Battalion - Walt's Daughter - 04-29-2014

I had a subscription for well over a year, and it got me off to a good start for my family and my husband's family, but after that, I couldn't justify that kind of money.

I do appreciate all the time and effort that goes into compiling and storing records, but it seems insane and greedy to me. They have records there that can only be downloaded if you are a member and honestly, how many people can afford their services?

It's very discouraging to do a Google search and find what you are looking for, only to discover that it belongs TO THEM, and you have to pay. What ticks me off about this is, NARA (the National Archives), doesn't charge monthly or yearly fees for their services. Many other military sites, do not charge either, or have reasonable fees for obtaining what you want.

I wouldn't even mind paying a small fee (let's say $1.00), to be able to download a document from Ancestry, without membership. I just don't like the way they handle things.

316th Engineer Combat Battalion - tomsamoyed - 03-13-2015

I was wondering if any one has an idea of the road or hi way where the 316th/ 363rd entered combat on july 4th? I have a picture that is posted here and another sites, and i know it is near cecina and reparabella but that is all. any one have an idea? tomsamoyed at hotmail.com. thanks

316th Engineer Combat Battalion - Walt's Daughter - 03-16-2015

Ah, you might be able to find that out in the unit's records within their official records.

316th Engineer Combat Battalion - angatti - 10-20-2015

News from the Forgotten front:

The story of 316th Engineer Combat Battalion can be found here:

316th Engineer Combat Battalion

The texts and photos are taken from “Engineer History - Mediterranean Theater - Fifth Army”
This is a collection of information coming from different sources, my task was to reorganize them in a readable shape and make it available.

Comments and contribution are welcome

Andrea

316th Engineer Combat Battalion - Walt's Daughter - 10-22-2015

Fantastic, and again, thanks for the recommendation.

316th Engineer Combat Battalion - angatti - 11-02-2015

Fantastic, and again, thanks for the recommendation.

:waving:

316th Engineer Combat Battalion - Jean Jacobson - 11-08-2015

Hello Andrea!

You did a spectacular job of gathering and presenting all of that information!

What a wonderful resource for everyone!

Thank you very much!

Jean

316th Engineer Combat Battalion - angatti - 11-08-2015

:D

316th Engineer Combat Battalion - tomsamoyed - 05-01-2016

post-2200-0-00057600-1462144850_thumb.jpegpost-2200-0-50940700-1462144919_thumb.jpeg