Forums
Engineer Patch - 341st General Srv Reg - Printable Version

+- Forums (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew)
+-- Forum: World War II (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: WWII ENGINEERS (http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/forumnew/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Engineer Patch - 341st General Srv Reg (/showthread.php?tid=1141)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Engineer Patch - 341st General Srv Reg - parker - 07-28-2006

Steve,

You are probably right about it being a pin and not a patch. I do think it is American because it is on a page that list several Engineer outfits (all U.S.). What got me to thinking it could have something to do with the 341st was that it was beside (left margin) the blurb outlining the movements of the 341st. None of the rest of the Units had anything beside them and the part about the 341st is next to the last unit mentioned at the bottom of the page.

It is a drawing and it is in black and white. You can count on me to come up with some real lulu's.

Parker

Engineer Patch - 341st General Srv Reg - Walt's Daughter - 07-28-2006

Hey Larry:

Without "lulu's" we'd all be bored! :lol::lol:

Engineer Patch - 341st General Srv Reg - Custermen - 07-28-2006

I found a DI pin that has motto "Loyalty Service" but it doesn't have a tree on it. It is a black shield with a horizontal white stripe that has saw-tooth edge and a small symbol in the center.

Steve

Engineer Patch - 341st General Srv Reg - Walt's Daughter - 07-28-2006

George Chandler now has his own page:

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/Geo...rgeChandler.htm

:pdt34:

Engineer Patch - 341st General Srv Reg - parker - 07-31-2006

V1 Corps Combat Engineers,

How can I ever thank all of you....Especially you Marion for you patience and help. Did I say help? Help is when you throw someone a bone from time to time. What you guy's and especially Marion did for me went far beyond that. In the military they call it "Above and Beyond the Call of Duty".

Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined my Uncles picture and short history being out there for someone to see that may have actually known him.

To go along with this, thanks again to Marion, The missing unit history of the Alcan has been located and should be here in time for mom's birthday in September.

My only regret is that it took me so long to get started on this.. The first man I contacted who had been in the 341st still lives in Brownwood, Texas. He told me a couple of weeks ago that he was the last one alive that origionally came from Texas.

Truly, if I can help in any way just say the word.

Thank You,

Larry Parker

Engineer Patch - 341st General Srv Reg - Walt's Daughter - 07-31-2006

Well shucks, by golly and sheesh Larry. :wub::wub: Let me say that I simply love doing what I'm doing. I love helping others when the feeling is mutual. I love doing research and I love WWII history. It's been a very satisfying trip and I know all OUR GUYS are so happy that their history is being shared with world and future generations.

It's no work at all, when I work with such thankful and thoughtful people. That makes all the difference in the world. -o-:) The great VIBES keep me going and give me incentive and a shot in the arm.

Yes, I too would like to thank everyone else on this forum, for you all have a hand in this and deserve that thanks for your input and dedication to this site. Once again, TEAM WORK!

Big hugs to your mom from me. :wub::wub:

Engineer Patch - 341st General Srv Reg - Walt's Daughter - 08-03-2006

Larry and all:

Today I received three publications from the American Society of Military Insignia Collectors. They sent me Volumes 1 & 2 Engineers Distinctive Insignia. It's all in black and white, but each engineer insignia is followed by a descriptive paragraph including the coloring of each.

The third publication is called the Cloth Patch Insignia of the UW Armed Forces and is Part 5 - Engineers.

What a great supplement to my collection. This should be a real plus in my research. So bring on the questions boys, I'm ready for ya! :pdt34:

Engineer Patch - 341st General Srv Reg - Custermen - 08-03-2006

Okay, so what is this----

This patch is a square box with a scroll at the bottom. Inside the square box is what looks like a Spruce tree. Inside the scroll at the bottom are the words "LOYALTY AND SERVICE". Once again it is in black and white.

Steve

Engineer Patch - 341st General Srv Reg - Walt's Daughter - 08-04-2006

That is simply his 341st General Service Regiment insignia. :pdt34:

341st%20GS%20Engineers001.jpg

Engineer Patch - 341st General Srv Reg - parker - 08-07-2006

Thank you one and all for the information. So this is his unit insignia....I have written to Mr. Oberbeck asking him about their DI pin / patch. What I am thinking it will turn out to be is and Octifoil with a star in the middle of it. Reason being I have a picture of Col. Coe and that is what he is wearing.

I have a friend who is going to Germany soon. He is going to try to get over to Remagen and go through the museum there.

The book we ordered "The Long Trail" got here today.. It's in great shape and Mom will be beside herself. Once again thanks for all that you do.

Larry