Forums

Full Version: 2827th Company C
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

steve boshko

Hello everyone. I'm just starting to find out about this picture of my father, Walter Boshko. He's in front of a sign. Can someone fill me in on the 2827th? I can tell you that my father was not an American, he was a Ukrainian, so I'm confused by this picture What was the role of non-Americans in the Engineering Unit?. 

Thank you.

Steve

03-12-2012 07;08;17PM.jpg

03-12-2012 07;03;43PM.jpg

03-12-2012 07;08;44PM.jpg

He was a 36th Engineer. You can read all about them on the main site. He is a 6th Corps Engineer, which this site is dedicated to. Please see their page, and then you can also read all the individual memoirs on the site too. 

Redesignation

In February 1945, the 36th Engineer Combat Regiment was reorganized as the 36th Engineer Combat Group.  Thus the following occurred:

1st Bn became the 2826th Bn
2nd Bn became the 2827th Bn
3rd Bn became the 2828th Bn

We had our last Seahorse reunion in 2017. Sorry you had to miss them. They were a blast. 

Looks like I have a lot to share with you.  :clappin:

Marion,

Thank you for that information -- it's a start. Love this website. I spent an hour just reading some of the action reports and looking at the photos. 

Regards,

Steve

You could literally spend months perusing all the documents, memoirs, and gallery photos on the 36th. 

Here's one of my fave photos from a past reunion. We had reenactors come out, and had a convoy through town. What a blast!

veterans and reenactors (2) - outside Quality Inn.JPG

That guy on the far right looks pretty young for a WWII vet!! :frown: /emoticons/default_wink.png" srcset="uploads/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

Tee-hee-hee. That's our Capt O, proud grandson of a 540th member, and dear friend. 

On 3/22/2019 at 10:10 AM, CaptO said:

That guy on the far right looks pretty young for a WWII vet!! :frown: /emoticons/default_wink.png" srcset="uploads/emoticons/wink@2x.png 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

My brother tells me that my dad was a chauffeur for the engineers. He drove the engineers back and forth to the DP (displaced persons) camp(s). Do you know anything about that aspect. 

Marion, Thanks for posting the reunion photo.

My brother tells me that my dad was a chauffeur for the engineers. He drove the engineers back and forth to the DP (displaced persons) camp(s). Do you know anything about that aspect. 

Well, I know there were always drivers, but not specifically to do what you quoted.