NEW REGISTRATIONS - Please read first! Read more... ×
Research Assistance Donations - your help is appreciated Read more... ×
Sandra Deiderich

Infor for Company "B" 159th Engineer Combat Battalion

My father, Myrvle Gilbert Roberts served with Company "B", 159th Engineer Combat Battalion from October 3, 1942 in England to September 19, 1945 in France.  My father was gravely wounded in Normandy France on June 18, 1944.  My father passed away in 1966 at the age 47.  I am an only child and have no surviving relatives that can provide information as to my father's service during the war.  I am traveling to Normandy in April with the specific goal to locate where my father fought in Normandy and if he came by land or sea (which beach).  Also would love to find out where injured soldiers were taken for surgery and recovery in France during the battle of Normandy.

I contacted the Army Personnel Records Division and unfortunately my father's records were destroyed in their fire some decades ago.  Any information anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Sandra Roberts Deiderich

sdeiderich@gmail.com

Welcome. I gave Sandra some help via email. I hope it proves fruitful for her. Please let us know how you trip goes in April. The best of luck.