Hello I'm new to the site but if anyone is interested have some great photos of camp Ellis and bridge work across Rhine river and a great friend who actually had Patton pull up and speak with him . He is still here to ask questions and today we talked about the plane that flew over they named bed check Charlie.And I apologize I am not very handy with computers 

1301 co b.jpg

1301 co b second image.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I'll try and rotate the images for you. :-) Love them!

All set. I just downloaded the images, rotated them and re-uploaded. :-)

Of course, would like to hear any of this thoughts, stories. Can you share with us somehow? 

Right here!  You can upload just about anything by attachments, just like you did with the two photos above. :-)

As I read through more of this greAt site I realize how fortunate  I am to have spent almost everyday with my friend and worry about questions that someday may not be able to ask him about. Today my son and I discussed with him how he and two buddies went to recruiter and agreed to enlist if they were allowed to graduate high school.

Thank you for fixing camp Ellis photo it is almost 3' long ,it's strange that none of it remains years ago I turkey hunted the area he said when arrived there they called it tent city looks like a city in photo.

On 1/25/2018 at 7:52 AM, James vick said:

But as others may find offensive would you still like me to post it?

Absolutely. We always strive to obtain the real thing. I feel anyone who is truly interested in history, doesn't want it watered down. Those who are easily offended, well without sounded callous, that's their problem, not ours! Go for it! 

Very cool

Thanks I know there good I ate two coffee cans full a year I dint realize the recipe was to help him feel closer to home.Do you know anything about war chest donations?One of the stories that stick out the most is his first experience with dead weight a guy had backed a jeep over a land mine . His detail was to take the young man to a us military bury ground he said he never realized how heavy dead weight was until they put him in the back of a weapons carrier and he drove day and night to get the unlucky guy to a big trench dug with a bulldozer .whats amazing to me is that he made back to his outfit no gps map or communication.he said he just asked other outfits along the way where they were seen last.

The typed page looks like paper from the 40's and so does the type font!

On 1/29/2018 at 6:29 PM, James vick said:

I wish my photo scanner still worked that's what I used to scan him in jeep and i also have one somewhere of pile driver I scanned that you could make out the faces of men on it.

Just noticed bumper on jeep marked 1301E