• Announcements

• Walt's Daughter

New Registrations   09/22/17

Attention New Registrants - Please take a moment to read the section on REGISTRATION. This will inform you regarding the entire process and hopefully answer all your questions. Too often I receive emails either asking why you can't post yet, or I why I haven't approved your membership?  Thank you for your time, M1
    • Walt's Daughter

Research Assistance Donations   11/23/17

Keep this site up and running for current and future generations. If I've been beneficial to your research, please consider making a donation. Every little bit helps to maintain this web and my research costs (i.e. membership fees to Ancestry.com, Fold3 etc.). PayPal Donations
    • Walt's Daughter

Uploaded Christmas Music   12/01/17

Uploaded Christmas Music to our WWII Jukebox today. Enjoy! http://www.6thcorpsmusic.us/  
    • Walt's Daughter

The Story of Q Trilogy - Marion J Chard   12/02/17

Completed my tween trilogy! Please share with your family and friends. www.storyofq.com
juskitty

Daughter of an Engineer William (nmi) Carr in the 291st Co B Combat Engineers Hello Everone!

Thank You  for asking * Its ok.. 

its that time of the year... 

thanks fred for  the note !

kitty

I merged your two topics, for it was a bit confusing having two related ones going on at the same time. ;)

On 11/24/2017 at 4:28 AM, Frank Gubbels said:

Welcome, I don't know if you have ever been to Europe but I know a guy who knows a lot about the 75th ID in the Battle of the Bulge. You might be interested to contact him.

Best wishes,

Frank

Frank, thank you for your help, but the 75th Inf Div was a mistake and has nothing to do with her father. In the beginning she believed that the 291st was part of that unit. :-)

Thank You  marion i was lookin on how to do as i also relize the situation,,

thks so much!

On 6-12-2017 at 8:50 PM, Walt's Daughter said:

Frank, thank you for your help, but the 75th Inf Div was a mistake and has nothing to do with her father. In the beginning she believed that the 291st was part of that unit. :-)

Ah okay, I didn't know that. But if I am not mistaken he still fought in the Bulge right?

On 6-12-2017 at 8:48 PM, Walt's Daughter said:

I merged your two topics, for it was a bit confusing having two related ones going on at the same time. ;)

Makes it a lot easier :). Will go throught it again

hello frank

Yes on his VA file   it shows in there where he was at..ardennes colmar pocket bob were the 3 main ones

mm interestin bout the 75th  i wonder  why that was in there & even  have col perkins on some of the paper work 

have to go back & re read   paper work agin

4 hours ago, juskitty said:

hello frank

Yes on his VA file   it shows in there where he was at..ardennes colmar pocket bob were the 3 main ones

mm interestin bout the 75th  i wonder  why that was in there & even  have col perkins on some of the paper work 

have to go back & re read   paper work agin

Please let us know about it, would be very helpful ;) 

i sure will i'll be pulling the back out today..

i sorry bout all the confusion But I meant well! Im just tryin to  

be more informed of the unit an im slowly re-learning bout  it all \Now i have them books & they will be more insightful on actual  actions.. first one im reading is first across the rhine